Chief Legal Counsel advises and provides counsel to the Director of Transportation on legal matters that involve ODOT. Chief Legal Counsel also provides advice and counsel to questions and issues related to ODOT and received from senior staff, district deputy directors, administrators and other ODOT employees throughout Central Office and the districts. Chief Legal Counsel is the Chief Ethics Officer for the department.
Scope of responsibilities include:
- Administrative hearings
- Contracts, agreements & memorandums of understanding (MOUs)
- Court of Claims information
- If you have experienced damage to your vehicle on a state system roadway as a result of a pothole or debris on the road, please use this form to send ODOT information about the incident.
- Public records requests
- Visit this link to see ODOT's public record policy and procedures.
- Ohio's ethics law
- Review of draft legislation