Sign up for email updates or follow the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District 12 on Facebook or Twitter for current Cuyahoga County highway construction information.
For the week of March 23, 2022
Construction updates are available 24-hours-a-day at www.OHGO.com
I-71 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 71 resurfacing – Resurface I-71 between W. 117th St. and I-480 and ramps at W. 150th St., W. 130th St., and Bellaire Rd. in Cleveland. Estimated Completion: May
- I-71 between I-480 and W. 117th St. has various lane restrictions and ramp closures through mid-March.
Interstate 71 median, lighting, and sign repairs – Various median, lighting, and sign repairs along I-71 in Cuyahoga County. Estimated Completion: June 2023
- I-71 between I-480 and U.S. 42 (Pearl Rd.) will have various lane restrictions through December for maintenance of traffic shift.
I-77 Cuyahoga County
I-77 and Rockside Rd. interchange improvements - Interchange improvements at I-77 northbound and Rockside Rd. in Independence Estimated Completion: October 2023
- I-77 northbound entrance and exit ramps to Rockside Rd. has various lane restrictions through late October for interchange improvements.
Interstate 77 interchange improvements – Complete the south half of the I-77 and Miller Rd. interchange by adding new ramps and pavement widening on I-77 and Miller Rd. Estimated Completion: November 2024
- Miller Rd. over I-77 has various lane restrictions for bridge work through fall 2023.
- SR 21 (Brecksville Rd.) to I-77 south is closed through July 2023 for pavement work.
- Detour is SR 21 (Brecksville Rd.) to Wheatley Rd. to I-77
- I-77 between Miller Rd. and SR 21 has various lane restrictions and traffic pattern shifts for interchange improvements through November 2024 in the City of Brecksville.
Interstate 90 resurfacing – Resurface I-90 just east of the Innerbelt Curve to E. 55th St. in Cleveland. Estimated Completion: September 2023
- I-90 between the Innerbelt Curve and E.55th St. will have various off peak lane closures and ramp closures beginning on Monday, March 27, through late September 2023 for resurfacing.
Interstate 480 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 480 Interchange Improvements – Make various interchange improvements on I-480 at SR 237, I-71, and Grayton Rd. in Cleveland. Estimated Completion: July 2024
- I-480 eastbound and westbound between I-71 and SR 237 has various daily lane restrictions and traffic shifts through fall 2023 for interchange improvements.
Interstate 480 over Lee Rd. Bridge Deck Replacement – Replace the bridge deck on I-480 over Lee Rd. Estimated Completion: Spring 2025
- I-480 over Lee Rd. will have the various lanes closed nightly between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. through Fall 2023 for bridge deck repairs.
Interstate 480 Valley View Bridge Deck Replacement - Construct a new bridge between the two existing Valley View bridges and replace the decks of the I-480 east and westbound Valley View bridges in Garfield Heights and Independence. To learn more about the project click here. Estimated Completion: June 2024
- I-480 westbound and eastbound between I-77 and Transportation Blvd. has various lane restrictions for bridge work.
Interstate 480 Resurfacing – Resurface I-480 between the Rocky River bridge and W. 139th St. in Cleveland and Brookpark. Estimated Completion: September 2023
- I-480 between the Rocky River bridge and W. 139th St. will have various off peak lane restrictions and ramp closures beginning on Tuesday, April 4, through September 2023 for resurfacing.
Interstate 490 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 490/State Route 10/Opportunity Corridor Section 3 - Construction a new roadway between E. 55th St./I-490 and E. 93rd St. in the city of Cleveland. Visit www.opportunitycorridor.transportation.ohio.gov for more information and detours. Estimated Completion: June 2023
- Opportunity Corridor Blvd. between I-490 and E. 93rd. St. will have various daily lane restrictions through June 2023.
- Short term lane and road closures on various side streets will also be necessary.
I-490 eastbound and westbound between I-77 and W. 7th St. will have various lane restrictions on Sunday, March 26, between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m. for lighting repairs.
- The Rockefeller Ave. entrance ramp to I-490 eastbound will be closed on Sunday, March 26, between 7 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- Detour will be Broadway Ave. to E. 30th St. to I-77 southbound to I-490.
U.S. and State Route Projects
U.S. Route 6 and 20 (Euclid Ave.) resurfacing and safety improvements –Resurfacing and safety improvements on U.S. 6 and U.S. 20 (Euclid Ave.) between I-90 and Upper Valley Dr. in the City of Euclid. Estimated Completion: spring 2023
- U.S. 6 and U.S. 20 (Euclid Ave.) between I-90 and Upper Valley Dr. has various lane restriction through spring 2023 for resurfacing and safety improvements.
Scranton Rd. bridge deck replacement - Replace the bridge deck on Scranton Rd. bridge over I-90 in the city of Cleveland. Estimated Completion: June 2023
- I-490/I-90 under Scranton Rd. will have shoulder closures beginning on Friday, March 24, for bridge painting through May 2023.
State Route 21 (Brecksville Rd.) bridge rehabilitation - Rehabilitate the SR 21 (Brecksville Rd.) over I-480 bridge in the city of Independence. Estimated Completion: June 2023
- I-480 under SR 21 (Brecksville Rd.) will have various nightly and daily lane restrictions through June 2023.
State Route 43 bridge replacement – Replace the SR 43 (Aurora Rd.) bridge just east of SR 175 over Tinkers Creek in the Solon. Estimated Completion: October 2023
- SR 43 just east of SR 175 over Tinkers Creek has various lane restrictions and traffic pattern shifts through October for bridge replacement.
Cedar Rd. and Richmond Rd. intersection improvements – NEW IMPACTS The intersection of Cedar Rd. and Richmond Rd. in the cities of Lyndhurst and Beachwood will have various lane restriction for intersection improvements beginning on Monday, April 3, through December 2023. Estimated Completion: December 2023
Center St. bridge rehabilitation – Center St. bridge over the Cuyahoga River between Merwin Ave. and Detroit Ave. in Cleveland is closed through Summer 2023, for bridge rehabilitation. Estimated Completion: Summer 2023
- Detour is Main Ave. to W. 25th St. to Columbus Rd.
E.75th St. over the Norfolk Southern/GCRTA railroads bridge replacement – E. 75th St. over the Norfolk Southern/GCRTA railroad in Cleveland is closed through late May for bridge replacement. Estimated Completion: June 2023
E. 185th St. rehabilitation and streetscape improvements – Pavement rehabilitation and streetscape improvements to E. 185th St. between Lake Erie and Pawnee Ave. Estimated Completion: October 2023
- E.185th St. southbound between Villaview Rd. and Abby Ave. is closed, through December 2023 for pavement work.
- Detour is Lakeshore Ave. eastbound to E. 200th St. southbound to St. Clair Ave. westbound to E.185th St.
W. Franklin Blvd. resurfacing and roundabout construction – Resurfacing and roundabout construction at eight intersections on W. Franklin Blvd. between W. 85th St. and W. 25th St. in Cleveland. Estimated Completion: August 2023
- W. Franklin Blvd. between W. 25th St. to W. 50th St. eastbound will be closed beginning Monday, April 3, through August, for resurfacing and roundabout construction.
- Detour will be Franklin Blvd. to Detroit Ave.
Interstate 271 Express Lanes and I-90 bridge painting in Cuyahoga and Lake counties - Bridge painting on Ridgebury Blvd. over I-271 and Highland Rd. over I-271. Lake County I-90 just west of Rockefeller Rd. and I-271 northbound ramp to I-90 west. Estimated Completion: September 2023
Various Culvert Improvement in Geauga and Cuyahoga counties – Culvert improvements at various locations on SR 2, I-90, I-480, and SR 44 in Geauga and Cuyahoga counties. Estimated Completion: May 2023
- I-90 eastbound and westbound just east of the Innerbelt Curve has various shoulder closures for culvert improvements through May 2023.
Minor Bridge Repairs and Painting along I-90 – Various bridge repairs and painting along I-90 in Cuyahoga County. Estimated Completion: October 2023
Various bridge repairs in Lake and Cuyahoga counties- Various bridge repairs in Lake and Cuyahoga counties.
- I-71 over W. 150th St. will have various off peak lane restrictions beginning on Monday, April 3, through mid-April for bridge repairs.
Cuyahoga County Bridge Repairs – Various bridge repairs in Cuyahoga County
- I-90 westbound to Hillard Rd. has various lane restrictions through early May.
- I-480 over W.130th has various lane restrictions through late early May.
- W. 130th St.to I-480 eastbound is closed through early May.
- Detour will utilize Brookpark Rd.
- Whitney Rd. over I-71 will be reduced to one lane maintained by a temporary signal through spring 2023.
- U.S. 42 (Pearl Rd.) over the Railroad near Wildlife Way is reduced to one lane in each direction through late June for bridge repairs.