For the week of February 2, 2022
Construction updates are available 24-hours-a-day at www.OHGO.com
I-71 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 71 resurfacing – Resurface I-71 between W. 117th St. and I-480 and ramps at W. 150th St., W. 130th St., and Bellaire Rd. in Cleveland. Estimated Completion: late January
- I-71 between I-480 and W. 117th St. has various lane restrictions and ramp closures through late January
Interstate 71 median, lighting, and sign repairs – Various median, lighting, and sign repairs along I-71 in Cuyahoga County. Estimated Completion: June 2023
- I-71 between I-480 and U.S. 42 (Pearl Rd.) will have various nightly lane restrictions through December for maintenance of traffic shift.
I-77 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 77 interchange improvements – Complete the south half of the I-77 and Miller Rd. interchange by adding new ramps and pavement widening on I-77 and Miller Rd. Estimated Completion: November 2024
- Miller Rd. to I-77 northbound will be closed daily on Monday, February 6, and Tuesday, February 7, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. for utility work.
- Detour will be Miller Rd. to Brecksville Rd. to I-77
- SR 21 (Brecksville Rd.) to I-77 south is closed through July 2023 for pavement work.
- Detour is SR 21 (Brecksville Rd.) to Wheatley Rd. to I-77
- I-77 between Miller Rd. and SR 21 has various lane restrictions and traffic pattern shifts for interchange improvements through November 2024 in the City of Brecksville.
I-271 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 271 Express Lanes resurfacing – Resurface the I-271 express lanes between I-480 and U.S. 322 in in the cities of Beachwood, Lyndhurst, Mayfield Heights, Pepper Pike, Warrensville Heights, and Village of Orange.
Interstate 271 express lanes northbound and southbound between I-90 and I-480 will be closed Tuesday, January 24, at 7 p.m. through Wednesday, January 25, at 5 a.m. for pavement work.
- Detour will utilize I-271 local lanes.
Interstate 480 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 480 over Lee Rd. Bridge Deck Replacement – Replace the bridge deck on I-480 over Lee Rd. Estimated Completion: Spring 2025
- I-480 eastbound over Lee Rd. will be reduced to two lanes for bridge deck repairs on Friday, January 27, at 7 p.m. through Saturday, January 28, at 11 a.m.
Interstate 480 Valley View Bridge Deck Replacement - Construct a new bridge between the two existing Valley View bridges and replace the decks of the I-480 east and westbound Valley View bridges in Garfield Heights and Independence. To learn more about the project click here. Estimated Completion: June 2024
- I-480 westbound to I-77 north and south will be closed Friday, January 27, at 11 p.m. through Saturday, January 28, at 2 a.m. for guardrail repair.
- Detour will be I-480 westbound to Granger Rd. to I-480 eastbound.
- I-480 westbound and eastbound between I-77 and Transportation Blvd. has various lane restrictions for bridge work.
Interstate 490 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 490/State Route 10/Opportunity Corridor Section 3 - Construction a new roadway between E. 55th St./I-490 and E. 93rd St. in the city of Cleveland. Visit www.opportunitycorridor.transportation.ohio.gov for more information and detours. Estimated Completion: June 2023
- Opportunity Corridor Blvd. between I-490 and E. 93rd. St. will have various daily lane restrictions through June 2023.
- Short term lane and road closures on various side streets will also be necessary.
U.S. and State Route Projects
U.S. Route 6 and 20 (Euclid Ave.) resurfacing and safety improvements –Resurfacing and safety improvements on U.S. 6 and U.S. 20 (Euclid Ave.) between I-90 and Upper Valley Dr. in the City of Euclid. Estimated Completion: spring 2023
- U.S. 6 and U.S. 20 (Euclid Ave.) between I-90 and Upper Valley Dr. in the City of Euclid has various lane restriction through spring 2023 for resurfacing and safety improvements
State Route 21 (Brecksville Rd.) bridge rehabilitation - Rehabilitate the SR 21 (Brecksville Rd.) over I-480 bridge in the city of Independence. Estimated Completion: June 2023
- I-480 under SR 21 (Brecksville Rd.) will have various nightly and daily lane restrictions through June 2023.
Center St. bridge rehabilitation – Center St. bridge over the Cuyahoga River between Merwin Ave. and Detroit Ave. in Cleveland is closed through Summer 2023, for bridge rehabilitation. Estimated Completion: Summer 2023
- Detour is Main Ave. to W. 25th St. to Columbus Rd.
E.75th St. over the Norfolk Southern/GCRTA railroads bridge replacement – E. 75th St. over the Norfolk Southern/GCRTA railroad in Cleveland is closed through late May for bridge replacement. Estimated Completion: May 2023
- Detour is Woodland Ave. to E.79th St. to Holton Ave.
E. 185th St. rehabilitation and streetscape improvements – Pavement rehabilitation and streetscape improvements to E. 185th St. between Lake Erie and Pawnee Ave. Estimated Completion: October 2023
- Locherie Rd. at E. 185th St. is permanently closed.
- Detour for southbound traffic will be Lake Shore Blvd. to E. 200th St. to St. Clair Ave.
W. Franklin Blvd. resurfacing and roundabout construction – Resurfacing and roundabout construction at eight intersections on W. Franklin Blvd. between W. 85th St. and W. 25th St. in Cleveland. Estimated Completion: August 2023
Interstate 271 Express Lanes and I-90 bridge painting in Cuyahoga and Lake counties - Bridge painting on Ridgebury Blvd. over I-271 and Highland Rd. over I-271. Lake County I-90 just west of Rockefeller Rd. and I-271 northbound ramp to I-90 west. Estimated Completion: late October 2023
Various Culvert Improvement in Geauga and Cuyahoga counties – Culvert improvements at various locations on SR 2, I-90, I-480, and SR 44 in Geauga and Cuyahoga counties.
- I-90 eastbound and westbound just east of the Innerbelt Curve has various shoulder closures for culvert improvements through May 2023.
Minor Bridge Repairs and Painting along I-90 – Various bridge repairs and painting along I-90 in Cuyahoga County. Estimated Completion: October 2023
Cuyahoga County Bridge Repairs – Various bridge repairs in Cuyahoga County
- Whitney Rd. over I-71 will be reduced to one lane maintained by a temporary signal through spring 2023.
- U.S. 42 (Pearl Rd.) over the Railroad near Wildlife Way beginning on Monday, February 6, will be reduced to one lane in each direction through late June for bridge repairs.
Cuyahoga County Guardrail Repairs – repair guardrail throughout Cuyahoga County.
- Warrensville Center Rd. exit ramp off I-480 eastbound will be closed on Sunday, February 5, from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. for guardrail repair.
- The detour will utilize Miles Rd.