For the week of January 24, 2021
Construction updates are available 24-hours-a-day at www.OHGO.com
I-71 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 71 resurfacing – Resurface I-71 between W. 117th St. and I-480 ramps at W. 150th St., W. 130th St., and Bellaire Rd. in Cleveland. Estimated Completion: late January 2022
- I-71 between I-480 and W. 117th St. has various weekend lane restrictions and ramp closures through late January 2022.
I-77 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 77 resurfacing – Resurface I-77 between Oakes Rd. and Rockside Rd. in Brecksville, Broadview Heights, and Independence. Estimated Completion: July 2022
- I-77 between Oakes Rd. and Rockside Rd. has various nightly lane restrictions through spring 2022 for resurfacing.
I-90 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 90 bridge rehabilitation – Rehabilitate and paint the bridges on I-90 between E. 136th St. and E. 156th St., E. 140th St. and E. 152nd St. under I-90 in Cleveland. Estimated completion: July 2022
- I-90 eastbound and westbound between E. 136th St. and E. 185th St. has various nightly lane restrictions through early December 2021.
- E. 152nd St. and E. 140th St. under I-90, and the E. 140th St. and E. 152nd St. connector roads will have various off-peak lane restrictions and closures.
Interstate 480 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 480 pavement replacement and ramp re-alignment - Pavement replacement on I-480 and SR 176 interchange, interchange re-alignment on I-480 eastbound ramp to SR 176, and SR 17 (Brookpark Rd.) ramps to I-480 east/west in Cleveland and Brooklyn Heights. Estimated Completion: November 2022
- Granger Rd/Brookpark Rd. ramp to I-480 eastbound is closed through spring 2022, for pavement work.
- Detour is west on Brookpark Rd., north on State Rd. to I-480 eastbound.
- Brookpark Rd. eastbound between Broadview Rd. and W. 10th St. has various lane restrictions.
Interstate 480 Valley View Bridge Deck Replacement - Construct a new bridge between the two existing Valley View bridges and replaces the decks of the I-480 east and westbound Valley View bridges in Garfield Heights and Independence. To learn more about the project click here. Estimated Completion: June 2024
- All I-480 westbound traffic will officially be traveling on the new I-480 Valley View Bridge through summer 2022 as crews work on the existing I-480 westbound bridge. Westbound traffic will still have access to the I-77 interchange and exit to Transportation Blvd.
Interstate 480 Resurfacing – Resurface I-480 between Lee Rd. and I-271 in Bedford Heights, Cleveland, Maple Heights, and Warrensville Heights. Estimated Completion: late May 2022
- I-480 between Lee Rd. and I-271 has various off-peak restrictions and ramp closures through late May 2022 for resurfacing.
Interstate 490 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 490/State Route 10/Opportunity Corridor Section 3 - Construction a new roadway between E. 55th St./I-490 and E. 93rd St. in the city of Cleveland. Visit www.opportunitycorridor.transportation.ohio.gov for more information and detours. Estimated Completion: June 2022
- Opportunity Corridor Blvd. between I-490 and E. 93rd. St. will have various daily lane restrictions through June 2022.
- Short term lane and road closures on various side streets will also be necessary.
U.S. and State Route Projects
U.S. Route 42 (Pearl Rd.) resurfacing - U.S. 42 (Pearl Rd.) between Ridge Rd. and Brookpark Rd. is reduced to one lane in each direction, through November 2021 for resurfacing. Estimated Completion: mid-October 2022
U.S. Route 422 (Kinsman Rd.) intersection improvements and widening – U.S. 422 (Kinsman Rd.) at E. 93rd St. has various lane restrictions for intersection improvements and widening through October 2022. Estimated Completion: October 2022
State Route 14 (Broadway Ave.) resurfacing – SR 14 (Broadway Ave.) between McCracken Rd. and E. 104th St.in Garfield Heights will have various lane restrictions for resurfacing through December. Estimated Completion: June 2022
State Route 17 (Brookpark Rd.) pavement repairs and resurfacing –The project resurfaces and makes pavement repairs on SR 17 (Brookpark Rd.) between SR 10 (Lorain Rd.) and Clague Rd. in North Olmsted. Estimated Completion: June 2022
State Route 175 (Richmond Rd.) intersection improvements – SR 175 (Richmond Rd.) and Mayfield Rd. intersection in Lyndhurst has various daily lane restrictions through May 2022, for traffic signal and pavement improvements. Estimated Completion: May 2022
Center St. bridge rehabilitation – NEW IMPACTS Center St. bridge over the Cuyahoga River between Merwin Ave. and Detroit Ave. will be closed beginning on Monday, January 3, at 7 a.m. through late October 2022, for bridge rehabilitation. Estimated Completion: November 2022
Detour will be Main Ave. to W. 25th St. to Columbus Rd.
E.75th St. over the Norfolk Southern/ GCRTA railroads bridge replacement – NEW IMPACTS Beginning on Monday, December 13, E. 75th St. over the Norfolk Southern/ GCRTA railroad in Cleveland will be closed through October 2022 for bridge replacement. Estimated Completion: May 2023
- Detour will be Woodland Ave. to E.79th St. to Holton Ave.
Scranton Rd. bridge deck replacement - Replace the bridge deck on Scranton Rd. bridge over I-90 in the city of Cleveland. Estimated Completion: June 2022
- Scranton Rd. bridge over I-90 is reduced to northbound traffic only. Southbound traffic is closed.
- Detour is Barber Ave. to W. 25th St. to Clark Ave.
Union Ave. resurfacing- Union Ave. between E.116th St. and Kinsman Rd. in Cleveland has various lane restrictions. Estimated Completion: June 2022
State Route 306 bridge deck replacement – SR 306 over I-90 is shifted to the west side of the bridge. One lane of traffic will be maintained in each direction through spring 2022. Estimated Completion: October 2022
- The following closures and detours will be in place for truck traffic through spring 2022.
- I-90 eastbound to SR 306 northbound
- I-90 east to SR 615 north to SR 84 west to SR 306
- I-90 eastbound to SR 306 southbound
- I-90 east to SR 615 south to Chillicothe Rd. south to SR 306
- I-90 westbound to SR 306 northbound
- I-90 east to SR 615 north to SR 84 west to SR 306
- I-90 westbound to SR 306 southbound
- I-90 west to SR 615 south to Chillicothe Rd. south to SR 306
- SR 306 northbound to I-90
- SR 306 north to Chillicothe Rd. north to SR 615 north to I-90
- SR 306 southbound to I-90
- SR 306 south SR 84 east to SR 615 south to I-90
State Route 84 resurfacing - SR 84 between SR 91 and Polo Park Dr. in the city of Willoughby is reduced to one lane in each direction through May 2022 for resurfacing. Estimated Completion: May 2022
U.S. 322 intersection widening – Intersection widening work at U.S. 322 and Auburn Rd. in Munson Township. Estimated Completion: May 2022
- Auburn Rd. northbound traffic at U.S. 322 is closed through mid-December for intersection widening work. Southbound traffic will remain open.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured Bean Rd. to Bass Lake Rd. to Sherman Rd.
- U.S. 322 and Auburn Rd. intersection in Munson Township has various daily lane restrictions maintained by flaggers through May 2022 for intersection widening work.
U.S. 422 bridge deck replacement – U.S. 422 over the Cuyahoga River in Troy Township has various lane restrictions for bridge deck replacement and bridge painting through late August 2022. Estimated Completion: August 2022
U.S. 422 slope repairs – U.S. 422 just east of the Cuyahoga County line in Troy Township has various lane restrictions for slope repairs through May 2022. Estimated Completion: May 2022
State Route 87 traffic signal upgrades – SR 87 at SR 306 in Russell Township has various lane restrictions for traffic signal upgrades through late April 2022. Estimated Completion: April 2022
State Route 87, 88, 168, 528, and 608 safety upgrades - Traffic safety improvements including widening and resurfacing roads, culvert replacement, advanced warning detection installation, and pavement markings. Estimated Completion: September 2022
- SR 87 between Hayes Rd. and Bundysburg Rd. is Now Open.
- SR 168 between Patch Rd. and Shedd Rd. is Now Open.
Cuyahoga County Bridge Repairs – Various bridge repairs in Cuyahoga County
- I-271 local lanes under Fairmount Blvd. will have various nightly lane closures between 7 p.m. and 6 a.m. beginning on Sunday, January 16, through early February for bridge work.
- I-271 express lanes under Fairmount Blvd. will be closed nightly between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. beginning on Sunday, January 16, through early February for bridge work.