For the week of April 3, 2023
MEDINA COUNTY (Thursday, March 30, 2022) – The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Medina County next week. All outlined work is weather permitting.
State Route 18 major reconstruction – State Route 18, from just west of Alber Drive to Nettleton Road, will have single lane closures as crews widen and reconstruct the roadway.
- Foote Road, between SR 18 and Timber Trail, is closed for approximately 60 days for the complete removal and replacement of Foote Road. Access will be maintained to the County building at the southwest corner of the SR 18/Foote Road intersection. The detour route will be SR 18 west to Guilford Blvd south to Smith Road east, and reverse. Estimated completion of Foote Road: Friday, May 26, 2023
- SR 18 traffic, from Foote Road to River Styx Road, has been shifted onto the northside of the road as crews work on the southside. Crews continue pavement and driveway removal along the southside of SR 18.
- Crews are working on the permanent signals throughout the project limits and the pedestrian bridge over the Rocky River.
- Left turns movements, between Nettleton Road and the new Frontage Roads, will be restricted with the installation of the concrete median. Traffic will be directed to use the legal U-turns at Nettleton Road and Frontage Road to reach businesses in this area.
- The traffic configuration on SR 18 will have a minimum of one lane in each direction with turn lanes at intersections.
Estimated completion: June 2024
State Route 18 intersection improvements - State Route 18, from Windfall Road to Medina County line, will have single lane closures as needed for intersection improvement work. The following intersections will be improved: Windfall Road, Boneta Road, Beach Road, SR 94, State Road, and Medina Line Road. Crews are working on traffic signals and miscellaneous corrective work. Estimated completion: April 2023
U.S. Route 42 major rehabilitation – U.S. 42 (Pearl Road) in the city of Brunswick, from Sleepy Hollow Road to Boston Road, will have lane closures for a minor rehabilitation project. The project includes the complete resurfacing and full depth repairs of U.S. 42, along with curb and sidewalk work.
- Daily work zones, between SR 303 and Boston Road, will be set up to install loop detectors at various intersections. Traffic will be maintained at all times using flaggers or single lane closures.
- Work from Sleepy Hollow Road to SR 303 is anticipated to begin early April, weather depending.
Estimated completion: June 2023
Interstate 71 bridge repairs – NEW IMPACTS – I-71 northbound and southbound, at the structure just north of SR 162 over River Styx Road, will have lane closures for a bridge repair project. Estimated completion: June 2023
State Route 94 culvert replacement – State Route 94, just north of SR 162, will close Monday, April 3 for a culvert replacement. The detour route for northbound motorists will be SR 94 to SR 162, west on SR 162 to SR 57, north on SR 57 to SR 18, east on SR 18 to SR 94, and reverse for southbound motorists. Estimated completion: Tuesday, April 5, 2023
State Route 162 resurfacing – NEW IMPACTS – State Route 162, from SR 3 to SR 94, will have single lane closures for a resurfacing project. Crews will be completing pavement repairs, crack sealing, and microsurfacing work. Traffic will be maintained at all times. Estimated completion: August 2023
State Route 421 sanitary sewer repair – NEW IMPACTS – State Route 421, just north of SR 83, will close Monday, April 3 for an emergency sanitary sewer repair being completed by the village of Lodi. The detour route for southbound motorists will be SR 421 to Redfield Street, south on Redfield Street to Prospect Road, south on Prospect Road to SR 83, west on SR 83 to SR 421, and reverse for northbound motorists. Estimated completion: Same day, Monday, April 3, 2023
Sign up for email updates or follow the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District 3 on Facebook or Twitter for current Medina County highway construction information.