For the week of May 29, 2023
There will be no new work impacting traffic through the Memorial Day weekend. ODOT works with its contractors to reduce the size of work zones and open as many lanes as possible. All work will resume Tuesday, May 30.
RICHLAND COUNTY - (Thursday, May 25, 2023) – The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Richland County next week. All outlined work is weather permitting.
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have lane closures for a major rehabilitation project.
- Nightly ramp closures will take place from 8:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. for paving from 5th Avenue to Trimble Road.
- Crews will also be completing finalization work on side roads. Traffic will be maintained.
- Mainline paving on U.S. 30 eastbound and westbound continues utilizing daily lane closures.
Estimated completion of entire project: June 2023
U.S. Route 30 minor rehabilitation - U.S. 30, from the 5th Ave interchange ramps to just past the Ashland County Line, will have lane closures for pavement repairs. One lane of traffic with a minimum lane width of 12’ will be maintained in each direction at all times.
- The U.S. 30 east exit ramp to Koogle Road will close Tuesday, May 30 for five days for pavement repairs. The detour route for the exit ramp will be to stay on U.S. 30 east and use the SR 603 RCUT to transition back to U.S. 30 west exit ramp to Koogle Road. Estimated ramp reopening: Sunday, June 4, 2023.
- The Koogle Road entrance ramp to U.S. 30 east will close Tuesday, May 30 for five days for pavement repairs. The detour route for the entrance ramp will be to use the Koogle Road entrance ramp to U.S. 30 west, continue to the Reed Road interchange, and transition back to U.S. 30 east. Estimated ramp reopening: Sunday, June 4, 2023
Estimated completion: October 2023
U.S. Route 30 environmental mitigation – U.S. 30, between I-71 and SR 603, will have single lane closures when necessary for an environmental mitigation project. Project work includes excavation and embankment within the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District.
- The eastbound driving lane will be closed at Trout Drive using concrete barrier for earth work.
Estimated completion: July 2023
U.S. Route 30 resurfacing – U.S. 30, from the Crawford County line to just west of Old Lincoln Way/W 4th Street, will have single lane closure for a resurfacing project. Traffic will be maintained at all times using barrels. Estimated completion: September 2023
State Route 39 bridge replacement – State Route 39 in the city of Mansfield, between 6th Street and Surrey Road/Lafayette Ave, is closed for 60 days for bridge demolition. The detour route for northbound motorists will be Diamond St/SR 13, SR 13 to U.S. 30 west, and take exit 129 for SR 39/Springmill St. The detour route for southbound motorists will be SR 39 south to U.S. 30 east, take exit 130 for Longview/SR 13/SR 545, turn right onto Longview Ave, and turn left on SR 13 which will lead drivers to SR 39. Estimated completion of bridge work: Friday, June 16, 2023 (Estimated completion of entire project: August 2023)
State Route 98 culvert replacement – State Route 98, between Opdyke Road and Henry Road, will close Monday, May 29 for a culvert replacement. The detour route for northbound motorists will be SR 98 to SR 598, north on SR 598 to SR 61, south on SR 61 to SR 98, and reverse for southbound motorists. Estimated completion: Friday, June 9, 2023
State Route 545 bridge repairs – State Route 545 at the structure north of Franklin Church Road will have single lane closures for a bridge repair project. Estimated completion: September 2023
State Route 603 bridge repairs – State Route 603 at the structure north of Harlan Road will have single lane closures for a bridge repair project. Estimated completion: September 2023
Sign up for email updates or follow the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District 3 on Facebook or Twitter for current Richland County highway construction information.