Current and upcoming road closures and restrictions for Licking County are listed below. Click on each route to see the location at OHGO.com.
State Route 37 closure for bridge replacement - This project will replace the bridge just south of I-70 over the South Fork Licking River. Estimated completion is October 2022.
- New impacts: SR 37 is scheduled to close beginning Monday, July 11, for approximately 45 days just south of the TA Travel Center near I-70. Detour: SR 37 to SR 158 to SR 204 to I-70 to SR 37 and reverse.
State Route 37 closure for culvert replacement - Beginning Monday, July 11, SR 37 is scheduled to close for 21 days south of SR 310 near Delia Court for a culvert replacement. Detour: SR 37 to SR 310 to SR 161 to SR 27 and reverse.
State Route 13 intersection improvement in City of Newark - This project includes constructing a roundabout at the intersection of SR 13 (4th Street) and CR 132 (W. Main Street) in the City of Newark. Estimated project completion is October 2022.
- New impacts: The intersection of SR 13 (4th Street) and West Main Street is closed for construction of a roundabout at the intersection of West Main Street. Detour: SR 16/79 to SR 79 to Hopewell Drive.
U.S. Route 62 and Beech Road intersection improvement - This project will improve the intersection of U.S. 62 and Beech Road by adding westbound left turn lane and other improvements adjacent to the intersection area. Estimated project completion is October 2022.
- New impacts: Motorists can expect intermittent daytime flagged lane closures on U.S. 62 while work continues on this project.
Interstate 70 resurfacing - This project includes resurfacing I-70 and barrier wall repairs between SR 13 and Mt. Hope Road, just west of the SR 668 exit in Licking County. Estimated project completion is August 2022.
- New impacts: Motorists can expect nightly lane closures on I-70 EB for resurfacing.
Interstate 70 resurfacing - This project includes resurfacing with related work on portions of I-70 in Licking and Muskingum Counties from CR 330 (Shelly Rd.) in Licking County to the Licking/Muskingum County line and Licking/Muskingum County line to just east of CR 30 in Muskingum County. Estimated project completion is October 2022.
- New impacts: Nightly lane closures on I-70 beginning mid-July.
U.S. Route 40 full depth replacement and resurfacing - This project is split into two sections and consists of resurfacing between the Franklin County line and Columbia Road, as well as full depth pavement replacement from Columbia Road to the western corporation limit of Kirkersville. Also includes the construction of westbound right turn lanes at Smoke Road and proposed Southwest Licking School access drive and signalization of proposed drive. Estimated project completion is July 2022.
- New impacts: Contractor finishing grading and seeding on U.S. 40 east of SR 310. Daytime paving operations with lane closures to place surface asphalt from Tollgate Drive to SR 158 and temporary pavement markings.
State Route 37/661 bridge over State Route 16 in Granville - This project will reconstruct the bridge carrying SR 37/SR 661 over SR 16 in Granville. The project will also include turn lane additions along the SR 37/SR 661 entrance and exit ramps. The intersection of SR 661 and River Road/Weaver Drive will be improved to include turn lanes along SR 37/SR 661 and along westbound River Road. The intersection will be signalized.
- New impacts: Clean-up and punch list items left on project.
State Route 79 bridge and roadway enhancements in Buckeye Lake - This project consists bridge work and roadway enhancements on SR 79 on the northern edge of Buckeye Lake. The project also enhances the Hebron Road area from Myers Avenue to Mill Dam Road through the replacement and addition of sidewalks with median enhancements and a signalized pedestrian crosswalk. Estimated project completion is Fall 2022.
- New impacts: Roadway demolition and removals on SR 79 on the north end of Buckeye Lake. Two-way traffic will be maintained on SR 79.