Description Number Count Up Know Our Programs
Pilot Formation Process
The Mobility Ohio Committee has identified these strategic steps to develop the pilot:
- Seek input and communicate effectively with state and local agencies and other stakeholders and funders.
- Analyze various funding streams and policies to determine where inconsistencies can be minimized so more trips can be provided, more cost-effectively, with less paperwork.
- Develop, align and coordinate transportation provider standards across multiple state
- and local agencies to ensure consistent, high-quality and affordable service to clients and customers (e.g., driver and vehicle standards).
- Develop and implement scheduling technologies to allow clients and customers to schedule trips at one central location by phone or online.
- Use a combination of existing and new brokerage transportation service and software models to schedule, dispatch and broker trips within one software system. This will allow
- all HST trips to be tracked and reported, with costs shared among multiple funders, then invoiced to the appropriate funding agency.
- Develop a tool for transportation providers to determine their own rates using a consistent rate setting methodology based on fully allocated costs.
- Establish a driver, vehicle and provider oversight database (e.g., drivers, vehicles, vehicle ADA accessibility). This tool will ease the process of tracking and ensuring driver and vehicle requirements are met.
- Establish key performance indicators to report pilot progress and measure outcomes.
Pilot Region Stats