SR 18 Widening Project
About the Project
SR 18, through various portions of the city of Medina, Medina Township and Montville Township, will be widened and reconstructed between just west of Alber Dr. to Nettleton Rd. The existing two lane section, from just west of Alber Dr. to just west of Foote Rd., will be widened to three lanes, just west of Foote Rd. to River Styx Rd. will be widened to five lanes, and from River Styx Rd. to Nettleton Rd., will be widened to seven lanes.
Access management techniques will be implement along the corridor. Improvements will be made to drainage, traffic signals, and signage and a new bridge will be constructed for a multi-use path to be added along the south side of the roadway through the project for bicyclists and pedestrians.
River Styx Rd., from Smith Rd. to 295ft. south of Smith Rd., will be widened and reconstructed and new storm drainage will be installed as well.
Estimated Begin Construction: April 2021
Estimated End Construction: June 2024
Contractor: Fechko Excavating
TRAFFIC IMPACTS - All outlined work is weather permitting.
State Route 18 major reconstruction – State Route 18, from just west of Alber Drive to Nettleton Road, will have single lane closures as crews widen and reconstruct the roadway.
- The majority of traffic has been put in its final lane configuration for the winter months.
- Crews will complete winter work that will include storm sewer and water line placement at various locations throughout the project limits. This work should have minimal impacts to traffic.
- Concrete crews continue work on South Frontage and River Styx Road.
- Striping crews continue temporary striping for the winter season traffic pattern.
- Left turns movements, between Nettleton Road and the new Frontage Roads, will be restricted with the installation of the concrete median. Traffic will be directed to use the legal U-turns at Nettleton Road and Frontage Road to reach businesses in this area.
- The traffic configuration on SR 18 will have a minimum of one lane in each direction with turn lanes at intersections.
Estimated completion: June 2024
View Project's Public Comments ()Icon
Public comments regarding our projects are always welcome!
This section is for frequently asked questions and project-related questions. You may notice that some projects require one or more formal comment period(s) with deadlines for comments to be considered during certain phase(s) of the project development process. Typically called the “public comment period," this is when ODOT asks the public for input before an important decision needs to be made, such as choosing a preferred alternative. You may notice these periods generally occur immediately following a public meeting.
All comments received, regardless of when or how they are submitted, will be reviewed and considered and/or responded to by the ODOT project team. Comments received through this forum will, when appropriate, be publicly posted along with ODOT’s response; Such comments will be moderated to remove personal information prior to posting.
Please let us know if you have questions, and thank you for your interest and input on the project!
Filter by Area of Interest
You can filter this list filtering with the topics on the list below.