SR 18 Widening Project
About the Project
SR 18, through various portions of the city of Medina, Medina Township and Montville Township, will be widened and reconstructed between just west of Alber Dr. to Nettleton Rd. The existing two lane section, from just west of Alber Dr. to just west of Foote Rd., will be widened to three lanes, just west of Foote Rd. to River Styx Rd. will be widened to five lanes, and from River Styx Rd. to Nettleton Rd., will be widened to seven lanes.
Access management techniques will be implement along the corridor. Improvements will be made to drainage, traffic signals, and signage and a new bridge will be constructed for a multi-use path to be added along the south side of the roadway through the project for bicyclists and pedestrians.
River Styx Rd., from Smith Rd. to 295ft. south of Smith Rd., will be widened and reconstructed and new storm drainage will be installed as well.
Estimated Begin Construction: April 2021
Estimated End Construction: June 2024
Contractor: Fechko Excavating
All outlined work is weather permitting.
- Octagon Drive is closed for 7 days to construct the pavement in front of the drive entrance and the driveway itself. Estimated completion of pavement work: Tuesday, June 28, 2022
- Woodland Drive, between SR 18 and Damon Drive is closed for 14 days for pavement work. The detour route will be SR 18 to N. Spring Grove Street to Weymouth Road (SR 3) to Woodland Drive. Estimated completion of pavement work: Tuesday, July 5, 2022
- Crews continue work on mainline SR 18 – paving, curb and gutter work, driveway work, etc.
- Work on River Styx continues as crews complete curb and pavement work.
- Crews will be completing Phase 1 of 3 concrete work at Shady Brooke Lane.
- Embankment work continues at North Frontage Road, off of SR 18.
- Crews continue work on the wall at the corner of SR 18 and River Styx Road, by Goodwill. Work includes shearing studs, drainage system items, and hanging reinforcing steel.
- SR 18, from Alber Drive to Glenshire Road will be reduced to 10’ lanes in both directions.
Estimated completion: June 2024
View Project's Public Comments ()Icon
Public comments regarding our projects are always welcome!
This section is for frequently asked questions and project-related questions. You may notice that some projects require one or more formal comment period(s) with deadlines for comments to be considered during certain phase(s) of the project development process. Typically called the “public comment period," this is when ODOT asks the public for input before an important decision needs to be made, such as choosing a preferred alternative. You may notice these periods generally occur immediately following a public meeting.
All comments received, regardless of when or how they are submitted, will be reviewed and considered and/or responded to by the ODOT project team. Comments received through this forum will, when appropriate, be publicly posted along with ODOT’s response; Such comments will be moderated to remove personal information prior to posting.
Please let us know if you have questions, and thank you for your interest and input on the project!
Filter by Area of Interest
You can filter this list filtering with the topics on the list below.