Ohio Civil Rights Transportation Symposium Scholarship
Submission Deadline was February 19, 2021, thank you to those who applied. Winners will be announced during this year's event.
2021-2022 Academic School Year Scholarship
In celebration of Ohio’s 4th Annual Civil Rights Transportation Symposium, (3) three $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to individual students currently enrolled in a post high school education focusing in construction or STEM (science, technology, engineering or mathematics) related fields. The Ohio Civil Rights Transportation Symposium Scholarship focuses on broadening the number of individuals in the engineering and transportation industry.
To be eligible for this one-time, non-renewable, $1000 award the applicant must meet all of the following requirements:
- Reside in Ohio
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate in an accredited degree-granting institution
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 ("C+" average)
- Be pursuing a construction or STEM related degree or certificate requiring a minimum of 32 hours of coursework
- Have authorization to work in the U.S.
Required Documents to Submit:
- Scholarship Application. A completed and signed form is required (use the Attached PDF).
- Verification. Statement from a Bursar/Ombudsman staff person at your college,university or technical school confirming current enrollment.
- Transcript. Provide information that indicates current GPA.
- Resume. Provide past and current information regarding your work careerand/or information about clubs and activities related to construction, STEM orcourse of study.
- Essay. Your submission must not exceed a maximum 800-word typed essay,double spaced with an 11-point Arial font in a Microsoft Word document.
Essay Topic: In your own words, please describe what impact you foresee technology and innovation having on the transportation industry.
Completed application and all supporting documents must be received via email to Juleda Stoltz at Juleda.Stoltz@dot.ohio.gov no later than 11:59 p.m. on February 19, 2021 All information must be submitted electronically. The scholarship award winners must agree to submit a photo and a 15-30 second video clip that will be aired during the 4th Annual Civil Rights Transportation Symposium on April 7, 2021. Winners will be notified prior to event.
**Employees and immediate family members of the Ohio Department of Transportation are not eligible for participation. Immediate family is defined as a person's parents, brothers and sisters, husband or wife, and children.**
2020 AWARD DETAILS
Three $1,000 scholarships have been awarded to three individual students currently enrolled in a post high school education focusing in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) related fields. The Civil Rights Transportation Symposium Scholarship focuses on broadening the number of individuals in the management and operation ranks of the engineering and transportation industry.
Thank you to all those that participated. 2020 Scholarship winners are as follows: Click on the video for a brief message from each winner!
Cuyahoga Community College
Ohio Northern University
Central State University