LEBANON – The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) is working with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) to keep drivers informed during the Brent Spence Bridge closure.
The following ramps are also closed due to the bridge closure:
- The right 2 lanes of southbound I-75 are closed at 7th Street. Traffic is being diverted to Fort Washington Way and then south across the Ohio River on I-471.
- On ramp from southbound I-71SB/U.S. 50 westbound/Fort Washington Way to southbound I-75 is closed.
- Ramp from eastbound U.S. 50/Sixth St Expressway to southbound I-75 is closed.
- 8th St on ramp to southbound I-75 is closed.
- 3rd St on ramp to southbound I-75 is closed.
- Western Ramp/Ezzard Charles to southbound I-75 is closed.
- I-71 southbound is open thru Fort Washington Way, but traffic is being directed north on I-75 and to U.S. 50 westbound.
These are the current detours:
- I-75/71 northbound traffic from Kentucky is being detoured at I-275 westbound to I-75 northbound and I-275 eastbound to I-471 northbound and I-71 northbound.
- I-71 southbound traffic is being detoured to I-275 eastbound.
- I-75 southbound is being detoured to I-275 westbound.
- Detour onto I-471, I-71, I-74 and I-275 and U.S. 50 but expect heavier-than-normal traffic.
- Local traffic can use I-471 (Daniel Carter Beard Bridge) southbound into northern Kentucky and 4th St. Veterans Bridge (KY 8), the Clay Wade Bailey Bridge (U.S. 25), and the Taylor Southgate Bridge (U.S. 27).
- The John Roebling Bridge (KY 17) is open to passenger vehicles only. NO TRUCKS are permitted due to weight limits.
The closure of the Brent Spence Bridge could remain in place for several weeks. Drivers are asked to use the detours put in place during this time. ODOT and KYTC will continue to update detours and closures on their social media pages. Here is a list of links to keep you informed of the latest updates: