Paint the Plow is Going Virtual!
Submissions Extended through October 31!
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the Ohio Department of Transportation is taking its annual Paint the Plow contest online! Artists and graphic designers across the state are encouraged to showcase their skills on plow designs at home.
How It Works
- Download the blank plow for coloring or graphic design in the Download Contest Material drop-down menu below. The coloring page can be printed on standard letter-sized copy paper.
- Get creative! We love to see themes of safe driving, patriotism, the state of Ohio, school pride and weather.
- Submit your plow creation using this form by Oct. 31, 2020.
Beginning Nov. 4, ODOT will host regional contests on its district social media platforms to select finalists in the following categories.
- Coloring Page
- Kindergarten – 2nd Grade
- 3rd Grade – 5th Grade
- 6th Grade – 8th Grade
- 9th Grade – 12th Grade
- Graphic Design
- One overall winner
Finalists will move onto a final round of voting on ODOT's statewide social media platforms. Winners in each category and a grand prize winner will be decided by popular vote. Statewide winners will be announced before Thanksgiving.
Submitted artwork should adhere to the following guidelines. Material submitted outside of these guidelines will not be considered for the contest.
- Artwork must be original and in good taste.
- Artwork must be non-partisan and non-political.
- Artwork must not incorporate movie, television, cartoon or any other characters or depictions from entertainment media due to copyright infringement.
By submitting your artwork to the Ohio Department of Transportation, you consent to your artwork being shared, posted, and/or reprinted by the agency on public platforms, including its website, social media platforms, and publications.