For the week of January 25, 2021
Construction updates are available 24-hours-a-day at www.OHGO.com
I-71 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 71 lane addition and retaining wall (CCG7A) – Construct a new deacceleration lane on I-71 southbound to SR 176 ramp and construct a new retaining wall. For more information about this and other Innerbelt Modernization Plan projects please visit www.Innerbelt.org. Estimated Completion: June 2021.
- I-71 southbound exit to SR 176 southbound has various lane restrictions.
I-77 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 77 bridge repair – Repair bridge surface on I-490 westbound near I-77 in Cleveland. Estimated completion: Early February
- I-77 north to I-490 west will be CLOSED Friday, January 29, at 6 p.m. through Monday, February 1, at 5 a.m. for bridge deck repairs.
- The detour is I-77 north to E. 30th St./ Woodland Ave. to I-77 South to I-490 west.
- I-77 north to I-490 west will be CLOSED Friday, February 5, at 6 p.m. through Monday, February 8, at 5 a.m. for bridge deck repairs.
The detour is I-77 north to E. 30th St./ Woodland Ave. to I-77 South to I-490 west.
I-90 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 90 bridge rehabilitation – Rehabilitate and paint the bridges on I-90 between E. 136th St. and E. 156th St., E. 140th St. and E. 152nd St. under I-90 in Cleveland. Estimated completion: July 2022
- E. 152nd St. under I-90, and the Waterloo Rd. and S. Waterloo Rd. connector roads will have various off-peak lane restrictions.
Interstate 90 bridge rehabilitation – Bridge deck replacement and bridge painting on I-90 at E. 185th St., Neff Rd., and E. 200th St. in Cleveland. Estimated completion: late December
- E. 185th St., Neff Rd., and E. 200th St. under I-90 will have various lane restrictions.
Interstate 90 interchange improvements - Traffic flow improvements on Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. at the I-90 interchange and modify the I-90 east and westbound exit ramps to Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. in Cleveland. Estimated completion: spring 2021
- Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. and I-90 interchange will have various daily lane restrictions.
Interstate 90 resurfacing and pavement repairs – Pavement resurfacing and pavement repairs on I-90 between the Rocky River and W. 65th St. in the cities of Cleveland and Lakewood. Estimated completion: spring 2021.
- I-90 between the Rocky River and W. 65th St. will have various lane restrictions for pavement work through spring 2021.
I-271 Cuyahoga/Lake counties
Interstate 271 ramp re-alignment – Replace and re-align the ramp from I-271 northbound to I-90 westbound and replace two bridges on I-271 between Eddy Rd. and I-90 in Willoughby Hills. Estimated Completion: September 2021
- I-271 northbound and southbound (express lanes) between just south of Eddy Rd. and I-90 are shifted to the right.
Interstate 271 widening - Full-depth pavement replacement, widening and bridge work on I-271 north and southbound between the Cuyahoga/Summit county line and Miles Rd. in Bedford, Bedford Heights, Warrensville Heights, and Oakwood. Estimated Completion: Spring 2021
- Work will require various off-peak lane closures on I-271 between the Summit County line and Miles Rd.
Interstate 480 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 480 bridge painting - Paint the I-480 bridge over the Rocky River and SR 10 (Lorain Rd.) bridge over the Rocky River in Cleveland. Estimated Completion: June 2022
- SR 10 (Lorain Rd.) eastbound over the Rocky River has various lane restrictions for bridge painting, through mid-December.
- I-480 eastbound over the Rocky River has various lane restrictions for bridge painting through spring 2021.
Interstate 480 resurfacing – Resurface I-480 between the Lorain County line and Rocky River bridge in North Olmsted and Fairview Park. Estimated Completion: Spring 2021
- I-480 between the Lorain County line and the Rocky River bridge - will have various nightly lane restriction for pavement work beginning Monday, November 30, through Spring 2021.
Interstate 480 Valley View Bridge Deck Replacement - Construct a new bridge between the two existing Valley View bridges and replaces the decks of the I-480 east and westbound Valley View bridges in Garfield Heights and Independence. To learn more about the project click here. Estimated Completion: June 2024
- All I-480 eastbound traffic will officially be traveling on the new I-480 Valley View Bridge through Fall 2021 as crews work on the existing I-480 eastbound bridge. Eastbound traffic will still have access to the I-77 interchange and exit to Transportation Blvd.
Interstate 490 Cuyahoga County
Interstate 490/State Route 10/Opportunity Corridor Section 3 - Construction a new roadway between E. 55th St./I-490 and E. 93rd St. in the city of Cleveland. Visit www.opportunitycorridor.transportation.ohio.gov for more information and detours. Estimated Completion: June 2022
- E. 89th St. between Woodland Ave. and Kennedy Ave. is permanently closed.
- The detour to access Kennedy Ave. will be Buckeye Rd.
- Tennyson Rd. between Buckeye Rd. and Evarts Rd. is permanently closed. Traffic will be re-routed via Grand Ave.
- Colfax between E. 68th St. and E. 69th St. and E. 68th St. between Kinsman Rd. and Colfax Rd. are permanently closed.
- E. 55th St. between Bragg Rd. and Bower Ave. is restricted to one lane in each direction.
- I-490 is closed between I-77 and E. 55th St. through June 2021.
- Short term lane and road closures on various side streets will also be necessary. Details will be forthcoming.
U.S. and State Route Projects
U.S. 6 (Detroit-Superior) Bridge over the Cuyahoga River bridge repairs - Merwin Ave. under U.S. 6 (Detroit-Superior) bridge is closed for overhead bridge repairs through Friday, December 18, in the City of Cleveland. Estimated Completion: October 2021.
U.S. 42 (Pearl Rd.) resurfacing and pavement repairs – This project performs resurfacing and pavement repairs on U.S. 42 (Pearl Rd.) in Middleburg Heights, Parma, Parma Heights and Strongsville. Estimated Completion: June 2021
- U.S. 42 (Pearl Rd.) between Fowles Rd. to W. 130th St. will have various lane restrictions through late August.
State Route 3 (Ridge Rd.), pavement repairs and resurfacing - SR 3 (Ridge Rd.) between Pleasant Valley Rd. and U.S. 42 (Pearl Rd.) in Parma will have various daily lane restrictions to perform pavement repairs. Estimated Completion: late April 2021
State Route 43 (Miles Ave.) resurfacing – The project resurfaces SR 43 (Miles Ave.) between Broadway Ave. and E. 175th St. in Cleveland, curb, sidewalk repairs as well as traffic signal work. Estimated Completion: spring 2021
- SR 43 (Miles Ave.) between E. 131st St. and Lee Rd. in Cleveland has various lane restrictions for resurfacing work.
- Eastbound traffic will be detoured via E. 131st St to Harvard Ave. to Lee Rd. to Miles Ave.