For the week of August 2, 2021
ASHLAND COUNTY (Thursday, July 29, 2021) – The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Ashland County next week. All outlined work is weather permitting.
U.S. Route 30 resurfacing – U.S. 30, from SR 603 to SR 511, will have lane closures in each direction for a resurfacing project. Estimated completion: August 2021
U.S. 30 Reduced Conflict U-Turn – U.S. 30, between Township Road 405 and County Road 175, will have single lane closures for intersection improvements. Construction work will improve the intersection of U.S. 30 and SR 89 by installing a reduced conflict U-turn (RCUT).
- The intersection of SR 89 and U.S. 30 is closed. Motorists will be able to access SR 89 from U.S. 30, both north and southbound.
- Traffic will NOT be able to access U.S. 30 from SR 89. Once completed, motorists will have to utilize the RCUT traffic configuration to access SR 89 north or south from U.S. 30.
- Motorists who are southbound on SR 89 and would like to access U.S. 30 should follow U.S. 250 west to U.S. 42, south on U.S. 42 to SR 60, south on SR 60 to U.S. 30.
- Motorists who are northbound on SR 89 and would like to access U.S. 30 should follow SR 95 south to SR 179, north on SR 179 to SR 60, north on SR 60 to U.S. 30.
- Crews will also be completing pavement markings, signage, and highway lighting.
- A minimum of one 12-foot lane in each direction will be maintained.
Estimated completion: October 2021
State Route 302 bridge replacement - State Route 302 over Orange Creek, just east of Township Road 851, is closed for a bridge replacement project. The detour route for westbound motorists will be SR 302 to SR 58, south on SR 58 to SR 511, north on SR 511 to SR 302, and reverse for eastbound motorists. Estimated completion: August 2021
State Route 302 culvert replacement – State Route 302, between County Road 175 and Township Road 63, will close Monday, July 19 for a culvert replacement. The detour route for eastbound motorists will be SR 302 to U.S. 42, north on U.S. 42 to SR 604, east on SR 604 to SR 539, south on SR 539 to SR 302, and reverse for westbound motorists. Estimated completion: Tuesday, August 17, 2021