Week of December 7, 2020
LORAIN COUNTY (Thursday, December 3, 2020) – Below is the current status of construction projects still considered active in Lorain County. The Public Information Office will continue to notify you of any changes in lane restrictions and/or closures as they occur.
As in previous years, we will no longer issue the weekly construction update during the winter months. When the new construction season begins in spring 2021, we will again issue weekly updates.
State Route 2 pavement repairs – State Route 2, between Baumhart Road and Route 58, will have single lane closures for full depth concrete pavement repairs.
- On Friday, December 4 at 7:00 p.m. to Monday, December 7 at 2:00 p.m. the westbound passing lane will be closed for full depth concrete repairs between Oak Point Road and Route 58. Traffic will be maintained in the driving lane.
- On Friday, December 4 at 6:00 p.m. to Monday, December 7 at 6:00 a.m. the eastbound driving lane will be closed for full depth concrete repairs between Oak Point Road and Route 58. Traffic will be maintained in the passing lane.
- A lane width of 11’ will be maintained.
Estimated completion for entire project work: September 2021
U.S. Route 6 bridge repairs - U.S. 6, between Washington Avenue and Arizona Avenue, will have daily lane closures as needed to complete work. Vehicular traffic has returned to its pre-construction pattern. Estimated completion: December 2020
U.S. Route 20 major widening - U.S. 20, between Stoney Ridge Road and Lear Nagle Road, will have one lane of traffic maintained in each direction.
- Continuing to install streetlights, traffic lights, and pedestrian poles.
- Working on getting the electronics wired for the control boxes.
- Weather permitting, crews will be working on grading out the four retention basins.
- Permanent sign installation continues throughout the project.
Estimated completion: June 2021
State Route 254 resurfacing project – State Route 254 in the city of Avon, between Garden Drive the west corporation limit, and between Nagle Road and the Cuyahoga County line, will have single lane closures for a resurfacing project. Crews will be performing grading, restoration, and cleanup work. Traffic will be maintained by flaggers. Estimated completion: December 2020