Week of August 3, 2020
Mahoning County (Thursday, July 30, 2020) – The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Mahoning County next week. All scheduled work is weather permitting.
Interstate 680 & State Route 711 bridge repairs, Youngstown
• The ramp from State Route 711 southbound to Interstate 680 southbound is CLOSED through late October for bridge repairs. The detour is Gypsy Lane to U.S. 422 to SR 193 to I-680.
• Motorists traveling on I-680 southbound from State Route 711 to Bella Vista Ave., should be aware of a bi-directional traffic pattern. Although two lanes of traffic are maintained in each direction on I-680, southbound traffic is split, with one lane of southbound traffic crossed over onto I-680 northbound, while the second lane remains on I-680 southbound.
Estimated completion, July 2021.
U.S. 62 & State Route 625 resurfacing and bridge repairs in the City of Youngstown; Boardman, Canfield & Austintown Townships
The following routes will have various lane restrictions:
• U.S. 62 between the Canfield Corp limit and Tippecanoe Rd.
• U.S. 62 from SR 170/Midlothian Blvd. to Williamson Ave.
• State Route 625 from Lockwood Blvd. to U.S. 62
• State Route 170 from Midlothian Blvd. to U.S. 62
Estimated completion, late September 2020.
U.S. 62, U.S. 422, State Routes 193 & 289 resurfacing, Village of Lowellville, City of Youngstown & Poland Township
The following routes have various lane restrictions for resurfacing and bridge repairs:
• State Route 289/Oak St. just west of U.S. 62
• State Route 289 just east of Coit Rd.
• State Route 289 D over U.S. 62 & State Route 7
• U.S. 422 just east of Early Rd.
• U.S. 422 just west of State Route 616
• U.S. 422 just east of Lamar Ave.
• U.S. 422 between N. Lane Ave. to just east of Shelby St. has various lane restrictions for resurfacing.
Estimated completion, October 2020.
U.S. 224 resurfacing, Boardman & Canfield Townships
• U.S. 224 eastbound at Mill Creek Park is reduced to two lanes through late August for bridge repairs.
• U.S. 224 between State Route 11 and Interstate 680 has various nightly lane restrictions. Restrictions will occur nightly between 9 p.m. and 9 a.m. for resurfacing.
Estimated completion, July 2021.
State Route 7 culvert in Beaver Township
NEW IMPACT - State Route 7 just south of State Route 165 will be closed beginning Monday, August 10 through Friday, August 14. The detour will be State Route 14 to State Route 164 to State Route 165.
State Route 45 resurfacing and bridge repairs in Green, Goshen, Ellsworth & Jackson Townships
State Route 45 between the Mahoning County line and Mahoning Ave. has various daily lane restrictions. Estimated completion September 2020.
State Route 46 widening and safety improvements, Austintown Township
Mahoning Ave. eastbound, just west of SR 46 and SR 46 at Mahoning Ave. has various daily lane restrictions for signal and sidewalk installation. Estimated completion, late August 2020.
State Route 170 widening and bridge repairs, Poland Township
State Route 170 between Dobbins Rd. and Spitler Rd. is reduced to one lane with a portable traffic signal for bridge repairs. Estimated completion, mid-August 2020.
State Routes 170 & 616 resurfacing in the city of Struthers and Poland
The following routes have various daily lane restrictions/closures:
• State Route 170 between Midlothian Blvd. and the northern Poland Corporation limit.
• State Route 616 from U.S. 224 to State Route 289 and from Highland Ave. to Upland Ave.
Estimated completion, late August 2020.
State Route 625 resurfacing in Boardman Township
State Route 625 from U.S. 224 to just north of Tippecanoe Rd. has various daily lane restrictions for drainage repairs. Estimated completion, July 2021.