Week of June 1, 2020
Mahoning County (Thursday, May 28, 2020) – The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Mahoning County next week. All scheduled work is weather permitting.
Interstates 76 & 80 cable median rail installation in Jackson & Austintown Townships
NEW IMPACTS – The following routes will have various daily lane restrictions:
• I-76 between Lake Milton and I-80/Ohio Turnpike
• I-76/Ohio Turnpike and the Meander Reservoir
Estimated completion, September 2020.
Interstate 680 & State Route 711 bridge repairs, Youngstown
• The ramp from State Route 711 southbound to Interstate 680 southbound is CLOSED through late October for bridge repairs. The detour is Gypsy Lane to U.S. 422 to SR 193 to I-680.
• Motorists traveling on I-680 southbound from State Route 711 to Bella Vista Ave., should be aware of a bi-directional traffic pattern. Although two lanes of traffic are maintained in each direction on I-680, southbound traffic is split, with one lane of southbound traffic crossed over onto I-680 northbound, while the second lane remains on I-680 southbound.
Estimated completion, July 2021.
U.S. 62 & State Route 625 resurfacing and bridge repairs in the City of Youngstown; Boardman, Canfield & Austintown Townships
The following routes will have various lane restrictions:
• U.S. 62 between the Canfield Corp limit and Tippecanoe Rd.
• U.S. 62 from SR 170/Midlothian Blvd. to Williamson Ave.
• State Route 625 from Lockwood Blvd. to U.S. 62
• State Route 170 from Midlothian Blvd. to U.S. 62
Estimated completion, late September 2020.
U.S. 62, U.S. 422, State Routes 193 & 289 resurfacing, Village of Lowellville, City of Youngstown & Poland Township
NEW IMPACTS – The following routes have various lane restrictions for bridge repairs:
• State Route 289/Oak St. just west of U.S. 62
• State Route 289 just east of Coit Rd.
• State Route 289 D over U.S. 62 & State Route 7
• U.S. 422 just east of Early Rd.
• U.S. 422 just west of State Route 616
• U.S. 422 just east of Lamar Ave.
Estimated completion, October 2020.
State Route 45 resurfacing and bridge repairs in Green, Goshen, Ellsworth & Jackson Townships
State Route 45 between the Mahoning County line and Mahoning Ave. has various daily lane restrictions. Estimated completion September 2020.
State Route 46 widening and safety improvements, Austintown Township
Mahoning Ave. eastbound, just west of SR 46 and SR 46 at Mahoning Ave. has various daily lane restrictions for signal and sidewalk installation. Estimated completion, late June 2020.
State Route 170 widening and bridge repairs, Poland Township
NEW IMPACTS - State Route 170 between Dobbins Rd. and Spitler Rd. will be reduced to one lane with a portable traffic signal beginning Monday, June 8 for bridge repairs. Estimated completion, mid-August 2020.
State Routes 170 & 616 resurfacing in the city of Struthers and Poland
NEW IMPACTS – State Route 616 just south of Lowellville Rd. will be closed beginning Monday, June 8 through late June. The detour will be U.S. 224 to I-680 to Shirley Rd. to Center St. to State Route 289.
The following routes have various daily lane restrictions:
• State Route 170 between Midlothian Blvd. and the northern Poland Corporation limit.
• State Route 616 from U.S. 224 to State Route 289 and from Highland Ave. to Upland Ave.
Estimated completion August 2020.
Meridian Rd. reconstruction, Youngstown
NEW IMPACTS – The following ramps will be closed beginning Monday, June 1 through late June as part of the Mahoning County Engineer’s Meridian Rd. reconstruction project:
• I-680 northbound to Meridian Rd. The detour will be I-680 to I-80 westbound to State Route 46 to I-80 eastbound to I-680 southbound to Meridian Rd.
• Meridian Rd. northbound to I-680 northbound. The detour will be Meridian Rd. to I-80 westbound.
• Meridian Rd. southbound to I-680 northbound. The detour will be Salt Springs Rd. to I-680 via the Stephens St. ramp.