Week of June 1, 2020
Stark County (Thursday, May 28, 2020) – The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Stark County next week. All scheduled work is weather permitting.
Interstate 77 & U.S. 30 reconstruction, Canton – pavement replacement on I-77 at U.S. 30. Project includes bridge replacement on I-77 just north of U.S. 30 and the ramp bridge from U.S. 30 westbound to I-77 northbound. Estimated completion, June 2024.
• The ramp from I-77 northbound to U.S. 30 eastbound will be closed beginning Friday night, May 29, at 8 p.m. through Monday morning, June 1, at 6 a.m. The detour will be I-77 northbound to State Route 172 to I-77 southbound to U.S. 30 eastbound.
• The ramp from State Route 800 northbound to I-77 northbound will be closed beginning Friday night, May 29, at 8 p.m., through Monday morning, June 1, at 6 a.m. The detour will be SR 800 northbound to I-77 southbound to SR 627 eastbound to I-77 northbound.
• I-77 between State Route 172 and State Route 800 has daily lane restrictions for resurfacing and bridge repairs.
Interstate 77 & U.S. 30 sign replacement, City of Canton, Pike, Canton & Plain Townships
I-77 between the Tuscarawas County line to U.S. 30 and U.S. 30 between State Route 43 and Trump Ave. has occasional lane restrictions. Estimated completion, July 2020.
Interstate 77 & State Routes 43 & 172 resurfacing, Canton
The following routes have various lane restrictions for bridge repairs:
• I-77 under Dueber Ave.
• I-77 under State Route 172
The following routes have various lane restrictions for resurfacing:
• State Route 43 between 3rd St. SE and Market Ave.
• State Route 172 from SR 43 to Riverside Dr.
Estimated completion, late September 2020.
U.S. 30 intersection improvements, Minerva
U.S. 30 at Grant Blvd. is closed through mid-July for intersection improvements. The detour is State Route 172 to State Route 183. Estimated completion, late August 2020.
U.S. 62 building demolition, City of Canton & Plain Township
NEW IMPACT - U.S. 62 between Gibbs Ave. and Maple Ave. NE will have various daily lane restrictions beginning Tuesday, June 2. Estimated completion, October 2020.
U.S. 62 re-alignment, city of Canton & Plain Township – Re-alignment and reconfiguration of the US 62 and Middlebranch, Harrisburg and 30th St. intersections. Project includes construction of a roundabout at Harrisburg and 30th St. intersection and minor widening on US 62. Estimated completion, September 2020.
• Ohio Ave., south of U.S. 62 is closed through mid-June. The detour is Harrisburg Ave. to Mahoning Ave. to Harmont Ave. to U.S. 62.
• 30th St. just east of Harrisburg Rd. is closed through mid-June for roundabout construction. The detour is Mahoning St. to Harmont Ave. to U.S. 62.
U.S. 250, State Routes 93 & 212 resurfacing and bridge repairs, Wilmot, Beach City & Brewster
The following locations have occasional lane restrictions for bridge repairs:
• US 250 just west of US 62
• SR 212 in the Village of Beach City
• SR 212 just west of Bolivar
• SR 93 in the Village of Brewster
Estimated completion, late July 2020.
State Route 21 bridge replacement, Lawrence Township
• Deerfield Rd. over State Route 21 is closed through mid-August for a bridge replacement. The detour is Marshallville St./Market St. to Warwick Dr./Milan St.
• State Route 21 under Deerfield Ave. has various daily lane restrictions.
Estimated completion, late August 2020.
State Route 21 safety improvement, Lawrence Township
NEW IMPACTS – Butterbridge Rd. between Canal St. and SR 21 northbound and Butterbridge Rd. between Weygandt St. and SR 21 southbound will be closed beginning Monday, June 8, through early August for roadway construction.
• The detour for SR 21 northbound to Butterbridge Rd. eastbound will be SR 93 to Canal St. to Erie Ave.
• The detour for SR 21 southbound to Butterbridge Rd. Eastbound will be Forty Corners Rd. to Erie Ave.
• The detour for SR 21 northbound to Butterbridge Rd. westbound will be SR 93 to Weygandt St.
• The detour for SR 21 southbound to Butterbridge Rd. westbound will be Forty Corners St. to Orrville St.
• State Route 21 at Butterbridge Rd. is reduced to one lane in each direction.
Estimated completion, late September 2020.
State Route 619 widening and roundabouts in Hartville & Lake Township
State Route 619 between Hoover Ave. and Milan Ave. has various lane restrictions for roadway widening. Estimated completion, July 2020.
State Route 800 widening, Canton Township
SR 800 between 30th St. and 34th St. has various lane restrictions for resurfacing. Estimated completion, July 2020.