Stark County (Thursday, April 22, 2020) – The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Stark County next week. All scheduled work is weather permitting.
Interstate 77 & U.S. 30 reconstruction, Canton – pavement replacement on I-77 at U.S. 30. Project includes bridge replacement on I-77 just north of U.S. 30 and the ramp bridge from U.S. 30 westbound to I-77 northbound. Estimated completion, June 2024.
- The ramp from I-77 northbound to U.S. 30 westbound is closed through late fall 2022. The detour is I-77 northbound to State Route 800 exit then re-enter I-77 northbound to U.S. 30 eastbound to Cherry Ave. to U.S. 30 westbound.
- The ramp from U.S. 30 east to I-77 north is closed through fall of 2023 for bridge rehabilitation and construction. The detour is U.S. 30 east to Cherry Ave. to US 30 west to I-77 north.
- The ramp from Cherry Ave. south to US 30 west is closed through fall of 2023. The detour is Cherry Ave. south to 11th St. east to US 30 west.
- Motorists traveling on I-77 northbound between State Route 800 to just north of U.S. 30, should be aware of a bi-directional traffic pattern. Although two lanes of traffic are maintained in each direction on I-77, northbound traffic is split, with one lane of northbound traffic crossed over onto I-77 southbound, while the second lane remains on I-77 northbound via the State Route 800 exit.
- Traffic wishing to proceed on I-77 northbound should use the left lane. The right lane of I-77 north must exit at State Route 800. This is the I-77 north alternate route between State Route 800 and State Route 172. The route is I-77 north to State Route 800, re-enter I-77 north to U.S. 30 east to Cherry Ave. to U.S. 30 west to I-77 north.
- I-77 southbound between State Route 172 and State Route 800 is in a new traffic pattern. All lanes are shifted right, to allow for new bridge construction. Traffic will remain in this configuration until fall 2021.
State Route 21 Guardrail Replacement, Lawrence Township
State Route 21 between Lake Avenue to the Wayne County line has various daily lane restrictions. Estimated completion, early July 2021.
State Route 225 resurfacing and bridge repairs, Lexington Township
State Route 225 between U.S. 62T and the Portage County line will have various daily lane restrictions. Estimated completion, late September 2021.