Stark County (Thursday, December 2, 2021) – The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Stark County next week. All scheduled work is weather permitting.
Interstate 77 & U.S. 30 reconstruction, Canton – pavement replacement on I-77 at U.S. 30. Project includes bridge replacement on I-77 just north of U.S. 30 and the ramp bridge from U.S. 30 westbound to I-77 northbound. Estimated completion, June 2024.
- The ramp from I-77 northbound to U.S. 30 westbound is closed through late fall 2022. The detour is I-77 northbound to State Route 800 exit then re-enter I-77 northbound to U.S. 30 eastbound to Cherry Ave. to U.S. 30 westbound.
- The ramp from U.S. 30 east to I-77 north is closed through fall of 2023 for bridge rehabilitation and construction. The detour is U.S. 30 east to Cherry Ave. to US 30 west to I-77 north.
- The ramp from Cherry Ave. south to US 30 west is closed through fall of 2023. The detour is Cherry Ave. south to 11th St. east to US 30 west.
- Motorists traveling on I-77 northbound between State Route 800 to just north of U.S. 30, should be aware of a bi-directional traffic pattern with one lane of northbound traffic crossed over onto I-77 southbound.
- The right lane of I-77 north is closed just south of Deuber Ave. SW. The ramp to State Route 800 will remain open.
- Traffic wishing to proceed on I-77 northbound should use the left lane. I-77 north may exit at State Route 800. This is the I-77 north alternate route between State Route 800 and State Route 172. The route is I-77 north to State Route 800, re-enter I-77 north to U.S. 30 east to Cherry Ave. to U.S. 30 west to I-77 north.
- I-77 southbound between State Route 172 and State Route 800 is in a new traffic pattern. All lanes are shifted right, to allow for new bridge construction. Traffic will remain in this configuration until fall 2021.
The following locations have various daily lane restrictions for resurfacing:
- U.S. Route 30 between the village of East Canton and the village of Minerva.
- State Route 619 between Atwater St. and State Route 183.
Estimated completion, mid-December 2021.
State Route 44 & 153 resurfacing and bridge repairs, Louisville, East Canton, Osnaburg & Nimishillen Townships
The following routes have various lane restrictions:
- State Route 44 between State Route 172 and Chapel St.
- State Route 153 between Broadway Ave. and California Ave.
Estimated completion date, late June 2022.
State Routes 183 & 225 resurfacing, Alliance; Lexington Township
State Route 183 from just north of U.S. 62 to just north of E. Market St. has various lane restrictions through late November. Estimated completion, July 2022.
State Route 619, roundabout, Marlboro and Lexington Townships
The following closures are currently in place through mid-December:
- State Route 619 at McCallum Ave. The detour will be State Route 44 to State Route 173 to State Route 183.
- McCallum Ave. at State Route 619. The detour will be Beeson St. to Marlboro Ave. to Price St.
Estimated completion, late December 2021.
State Route 687 widening in Jackson Township
CONTINUING IMPACTS - The following traffic restrictions are in place along State Route 687:
- Brunnerdale Ave. at State Route 687 has various lane restrictions for drainage repairs and roadway widening.
- State Route 687 between Governors Ave. and Brunnerdale Rd. has occasional lane restrictions.
Estimated completion, September 2022.
State Route 800 guardrail replacement, Canton and Pike Townships
State Route 800 between 53rd Street and Steel Drive NE has various daily lane restrictions through mid-December.