For the week of December 14
Stark County (Thursday, December 10, 2020) - Below is the current status of construction projects still considered active in Stark County. The Public Information Office will continue to notify you of any changes in lane restrictions and/or closures as they occur.
As in previous years, we will no longer issue the weekly construction update during the winter months. When the new construction season begins in spring 2021 we will again issue weekly updates.
Interstate 77 & U.S. 30 reconstruction, Canton – pavement replacement on I-77 at U.S. 30. Project includes bridge replacement on I-77 just north of U.S. 30 and the ramp bridge from U.S. 30 westbound to I-77 northbound. Estimated completion, June 2024.
• Motorists traveling on I-77 northbound between State Route 800 to just north of U.S. 30, should be aware of a bi-directional traffic pattern. Although two lanes of traffic are maintained in each direction on I-77, northbound traffic is split, with one lane of northbound traffic crossed over onto I-77 southbound, while the second lane remains on I-77 northbound via the State Route 800 exit.
• Traffic wishing to proceed on I-77 northbound should use the left lane. The right lane of I-77 north must exit at State Route 800. This is the I-77 north alternate route between State Route 800 and State Route 172. The route is I-77 north to State Route 800, re-enter I-77 north to U.S. 30 east to Cherry Ave. to U.S. 30 west to I-77 north.
• The ramp from I-77 northbound to U.S. 30 westbound is closed through late fall 2022. The detour is I-77 northbound to State Route 800 exit then re-enter I-77 northbound to U.S. 30 eastbound to Cherry Ave. to U.S. 30 westbound.
- The ramp from U.S. 30 east to I-77 north is closed through fall of 2023 for bridge rehabilitation and construction. The detour is U.S. 30 east to Cherry Ave. to US 30 west to I-77 north.
• The ramp from Cherry Ave. south to US 30 west is closed through fall of 2023. The detour is Cherry Ave. south to 11th St. east to US 30 west.
• I-77 southbound between State Route 172 and State Route 800 is in a new traffic pattern. All lanes are shifted right, to allow for new bridge construction. Traffic will remain in this configuration until fall 2021.
U.S. 30 and State Route 183 resurfacing and bridge repairs, Villages of East Canton & Minerva, Osnaburg & Paris Townships
CONTINUING IMPACT - U.S. Route 30 between the village of East Canton and the village of Minerva has occasional daily lane restrictions for bridge repairs through mid-December. Estimated completion, July 2021.