Summit County (Thursday, October 22, 2020) – The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Summit County next week. All scheduled work is weather permitting.
Interstate 76 widening and reconstruction, Akron & Barberton – reconfiguration of I-76/Wooster Rd./State St. interchange to improve traffic. Project also includes widening of I-76 between Summit Rd. and 27th St. Estimated completion, summer 2022.
• The ramp from I-76 eastbound to State Route 619/Wooster Rd. is CLOSED through summer 2021. The detour is I-76 eastbound to State St. to Wooster Rd.
• The ramp from I-76 westbound to State Route 619/Wooster Rd. is CLOSED through late fall 2021. The detour is I-76 westbound to Barber Rd. to I-76 eastbound to State St.
• Motorists traveling on I-76 eastbound between Summit Rd. and 27th St., should be aware of a bi-directional traffic pattern. Although two lanes of traffic will be maintained in each direction on I-76, eastbound traffic will be split, with one lane of eastbound traffic crossed over onto I-76 westbound, while the second lane remains on I-76 eastbound.
Interstate 76 bridge deck repairs, Akron
NEW IMPACT – On Monday night, October 26, at 10 p.m. and continuing through Tuesday morning, October 27, at 5 a.m. the following lane restrictions and ramp closures will occur:
- I-76 westbound between Arlington Rd. and State Route 8 will be reduced to one lane.
- The ramp from Arlington Rd. to I-76 will be closed. A detour will be posted.
- The ramp from I-76 westbound to Inman St. will be closed. A detour will be posted.
Interstate 76 pavement repairs, Tallmadge
NEW IMPACT – Beginning on Friday evening, October 23, at 7 p.m., I-76 eastbound and westbound will have various lane restrictions through Saturday afternoon, October 24 at 1 p.m. for pavement repairs.
Interstate 480 noise wall construction, Twinsburg
I-480 between State Route 82 and Laurel Drive has occasional daily and nightly lane restrictions. Estimated completion, early May 2021.
State Route 8 reconstruction in Cuyahoga Falls, Stow, Hudson & Boston Heights – complete pavement replacement on State Route 8 between Graham Rd. and State Route 303. Estimated completion, July 2022.NEW IMPACTS
• The ramp from State Route 8 southbound to State Route 303 is closed through Friday, October 16 for reconstruction. The detour is State Route 8 south to Hines Hill Rd. to Dean Memorial Parkway to Boston Mills Rd. to Chittenden Rd. to State Route 303.
• The ramp from State Route 303 to State Route 8 southbound is closed through early November for reconstruction. The detour is State Route 303 to Akron Cleveland Rd. to Seasons Rd. to State Route 8.
• State Route 8 northbound and southbound between Graham Rd. and State Route 303 is reduced to two lanes.
• Access to State Route 8 northbound from State Route 303 is currently from a newly created ramp on Chittenden Rd. This traffic pattern will be in place through early November.
State Route 8 resurfacing, Akron
NEW IMPACT - On Wednesday, October 28 and Thursday, October 29, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. the ramp from State Route 8 northbound to Tallmadge Ave. will be closed while the City of Akron resurfaces Gorge Blvd. A detour will be posted.
State Routes 21 & 585 resurfacing and safety improvements, Norton & Chippewa Township – resurfacing of State Route 21 between the Wayne County line and northern Norton Corporation limit. Project also includes construction of Restricted Crossing U-turn at State Route 585 and Eastern Rd. Estimated completion, late November 2020.
Eastern Rd. between Calabone St. and SR 585 southbound and Eastern Rd. between Wooster Rd. and SR 585 northbound is closed through early November for roadway construction
- The detour for State Route 585 southbound to Eastern Rd. eastbound is State Route 585 to Hametown Rd.
- The detour for State Route 585 northbound to Eastern Rd. eastbound is State Route 585 to State Route 21 southbound
- The detour for State Route 585 southbound to Eastern Rd. westbound is State Route 585 to Gates Rd.
- The detour for State Route 585 northbound to Eastern Rd. westbound is Gates St. to Portage St.
State Route 91, U.S. 224 & Canton Rd. widening and safety improvements, Lakemore & Springfield Township
NEW IMPACTS – On Monday, October 19, Arcadia Rd. at State Route 91 will be closed for drainage installation. The detour will be Waterloo Rd. to U.S. 224.
CONTINUING IMPACTS - The following restrictions are in place through late November 2020:
- Canton Rd. and State Route 91 is reduced to one lane in each direction between the Lakemore Shopping Plaza and Russet Lane.
- Canton Rd between Springfield Lake Dr and US 224 cannot make a left turn. NB traffic should use the U-turn at Linwood Rd and SB traffic should use the U-turn at Springfield Lake Dr.
Estimated completion, April 2022.