Summit County (Wednesday, November 25, 2020) – Below is the current status of construction projects still considered active in Summit County. The Public Information Office will continue to notify you of any changes in lane restrictions and/or closures as they occur.
As in previous years, we will no longer issue the weekly construction update during the winter months. When the new construction season begins in spring 2021 we will again issue weekly updates.
Interstate 76 widening and reconstruction, Akron & Barberton – reconfiguration of I-76/Wooster Rd./State St. interchange to improve traffic. Project also includes widening of I-76 between Summit Rd. and 27th St. Estimated completion, summer 2022.
- Beginning on Friday night, December 4, at 7 p.m., State Route 619/Wooster Rd. will be closed under I-76 through Saturday afternoon, December 5, at 1 p.m. All detour will be posted.
- Motorists should be aware of a new bi-directional traffic with I-76 eastbound and westbound reduced to two lanes in each direction with all lanes being maintained on the newly constructed eastbound side of I-76.
- The ramp from I-76 eastbound to State Route 619/Wooster Rd. is closed through summer 2021. The detour is I-76 eastbound to State St. to Wooster Rd.
- The ramp from I-76 westbound to State Route 619/Wooster Rd. is CLOSED through late fall 2021. The detour is I-76 westbound to Barber Rd. to I-76 eastbound to State St.
- I-277 westbound under I-76/Kenmore Leg will be reduced to one lane.
State Route 8 reconstruction in Cuyahoga Falls, Stow, Hudson & Boston Heights – complete pavement replacement on State Route 8 between Graham Rd. and State Route 303. Estimated completion, July 2022.
State Route 8 northbound and southbound between Graham Rd. and State Route 303 is reduced to two lanes.
State Route 91, U.S. 224 & Canton Rd. widening and safety improvements, Lakemore & Springfield Township
CONTINUING IMPACTS - The following restrictions are in place through late November 2020:
- Canton Rd. and State Route 91 is reduced to one lane in each direction between the Lakemore Shopping Plaza and Russet Lane.
- Canton Rd between Springfield Lake Dr and US 224 cannot make a left turn. NB traffic should use the U-turn at Linwood Rd and SB traffic should use the U-turn at Springfield Lake Dr.
Estimated completion, April 2022.