Summit County (Thursday, May 6, 2021) – The following construction projects are anticipated to affect highways in Summit County next week. All scheduled work is weather permitting.
Interstate 76 widening and reconstruction, Akron & Barberton – reconfiguration of I-76/Wooster Rd./State St. interchange to improve traffic. Project also includes widening of I-76 between Summit Rd. and 27th St. Estimated completion, summer 2022.
State Route 619/Wooster Rd. is closed NIGHTLY under I-76 for bridge girder placement through Saturday morning, May 8. A detour will be posted. These closures will occur nightly between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- The ramp from I-76 eastbound to State Route 619/Wooster Rd. is closed through summer 2021. The detour is I-76 eastbound to State St. to Wooster Rd.
- The ramp from I-76 westbound to State Route 619/Wooster Rd. is CLOSED through late fall 2021. The detour is I-76 westbound to Barber Rd. to I-76 eastbound to State St.
- I-277 west Motorists should be aware of a bi-directional traffic with I-76 eastbound and westbound reduced to two lanes in each direction with all lanes being maintained on the newly constructed eastbound side of I-76.
Interstate 77/Cleveland Massillon Rd. reconstruction, Fairlawn
NEW IMPACT – The ramp from I-77 northbound to Cleveland Massillon Rd. is closed through early August while the City of Fairlawn performs road reconstruction on Cleveland Massillon Rd. The detour is I-77 northbound to State Route 18 to Cleveland Massillon Rd.
Interstate 480 noise wall construction, Twinsburg
I-480 westbound is reduced to one lane between I-271 and State Route 82 through mid-July. Estimated completion, late June 2021.
State Route 8 reconstruction in Cuyahoga Falls, Stow, Hudson & Boston Heights – complete pavement replacement on State Route 8 between Graham Rd. and State Route 303. Estimated completion, July 2022.
NEW IMPACT – On Tuesday evening, May 11 between 7 p.m. and Wednesday morning, Wednesday evening, May 12, at 1 a.m. all exits on State Route 8 southbound will be closed. Motors will detour State Route 8 southbound to Broad Blvd. to State Route 8 northbound.
NEW IMPACT – On Tuesday evening May 11, and Wednesday evening May 12, between 6 p.m. and 11 p.m., Hudson Dr. at State Route 8 will be closed for bridge repairs. A detour will be posted.
- The ramp from State Route 8 southbound to Steels Corners Rd. is closed through mid-May. The detour is State Route 8 southbound to Graham Rd. to Wyoga Lake Rd. to Steels Corners Rd.
- The ramp from Steels Corners Rd. to State Route 8 southbound is closed through mid-May. The detour will be Steels Corners Rd. to Wyoga Lake Rd. to Graham Rd. to State Route 8 southbound.
- The ramp from State Route 8 southbound to State Route 303 is closed through mid-May. The detour is Hines Hill Rd. to Dean Memorial Parkway to Boston Mills Rd. to Chittenden Rd. to State Route 303.
- The ramp from State Route 303 to State Route 8 southbound is closed through mid-May. The detour will be Terex Rd. to Hudson Drive to Seasons Rd. to State Route 8.
- State Route 8 southbound traffic is split into two separate lanes. The left lane will be crossed over onto State Route 8 northbound, while the right lane will use the State Route 8 southbound median lane. Motorists wishing to exit State Route 8 southbound at Graham Rd., Seasons Rs., Steels Corners Rd. or SR 303 need to remain in the right lane.
State Route 91, U.S. 224 & Canton Rd. widening and safety improvements, Lakemore & Springfield Township
CONTINUING IMPACTS - The following restrictions are in place through spring 2021:
- Canton Rd. and State Route 91 is reduced to one lane in each direction between the Lakemore Shopping Plaza and Russet Lane.
- U.S. 224 at State Route 91 and Canton Rd. has various daily lane restrictions through late May.
- Canton Rd between Springfield Lake Dr and US 224 cannot make a left turn. NB traffic should use the U-turn at Linwood Rd and SB traffic should use the U-turn at Springfield Lake Dr.
Estimated completion, May 2022.
State Route 619 roundabout, Green
NEW IMPACT – State Route 619 just east of State Route 241 is CLOSED through late June while the City of Green constructs a roundabout at the State Route 619 & State Route 241 intersection. The detour is Arlington Rd. to Greensburg Rd. to Cleveland Ave. to State Route 619. Estimated completion, late fall 2021.