Current and upcoming road closures and restrictions for Licking County are listed below. Click on each route to see the location at OHGO.com.
Interstate 70 resurfacing - Motorists can expect daily lane closures on I-70 for resurfacing and barrier wall repairs between SR 13 and Mt. Hope Road, just west of the SR 668 exit. Resurfacing to I-70 WB will occur in the spring of 2021. Estimated project completion is spring 2022.
- New impacts: The I-70 EB off-ramp to SR 13 is currently closed and will reopen on Saturday, October 23.
U.S. Route 40 full depth replacement and resurfacing - This project is split into two sections and consists of resurfacing between the Franklin County line and Columbia Road, as well as full depth pavement replacement from Columbia Road to the western corporation limit of Kirkersville. Also includes the construction of westbound right turn lanes at Smoke Road and proposed Southwest Licking School access drive and signalization of proposed drive. Estimated project completion is July 2022.
- New impacts: Traffic is switched to the eastbound lanes of U.S. 40, maintaining one lane in each direction between Columbia Road and the western corporation limit of Kirkersville. The westbound portion of U.S. 40 are closed to traffic for full depth replacement.
State Route 37/661 bridge over State Route 16 in Granville - This project will reconstruct the bridge carrying SR 37/SR 661 over SR 16 in Granville. The project will also include turn lane additions along the SR 37/SR 661 entrance and exit ramps. The intersection of SR 661 and River Road/Weaver Drive will be improved to include turn lanes along SR 37/SR 661 and along westbound River Road. The intersection will be signalized.
- New impacts: The SR 37/SR 661 bridge over SR 16 in Granville is open to two-way traffic (one lane in each direction). River Road is also open to two-way traffic. Ramp access at this interchange will be as follows:
- Ramp from SR 37 to SR 16 EB: Ramp is open to SR 37/661 NB traffic only.
- Ramp from SR 16 WB to SR 661: Traffic will only be permitted to turn right and travel north on SR 661.
- Ramp from SR 661 to SR 16 WB: This ramp will only be accessible by right turn from SR 661 SB.
- Ramp from SR 16 EB to SR 37: Traffic will only be permitted to turn right and travel south on SR 37.
- All other traffic will need to follow the signed detour to the SR16/Columbus Rd/Cherry Street Interchange.