How does ODOT take care of what we have? We've got a plan for that.
ODOT operates, manages, and maintains one of the country’s largest Statewide transportation systems, containing:
- Over 43,000 lane miles of roads, including the 5th largest Interstate highway network in the country
- More than 14,000 Bridges, which is the 2nd largest inventory in the nation
- Over 88,000 Conduits (including culverts and storm drains)
Many other assets (such as guardrails, signs, and retaining walls) that keep traffic moving safely.
The National Highway System (NHS) is a strategic network of highways that serve a vital function in moving people and goods throughout Ohio and beyond. Ohio has 21,776 lane miles on the NHS with the following breakdown:
- 8,357 lane miles of Interstate
- 13,487 lane miles of Non-Interstate