Need to land a seaplane in Ohio? You can do that in the below approved areas. Click the name of a seaplane landing area to see landing maps.
Ohio seaplane bases
Approved seaplane landing areas
- Buckeye Lake (Fairfield, Licking, and Perry counties)
- Indian Lake (Logan County)
- Long Lake (Summit County)
- Salt Fork Reservoir (Guernsey County)
- Grassy Island North (Lucas County)
- Sandusky Bay East (Erie County)
- Grand Rapids, Maumee River (Wood County)
- Lake Milton North (Mahoning County)
- Lake Milton South (Mahoning County)
- Rocky Fork (Highland County)
Changes to seaplane operation laws
Please note that the following changes to the Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) for seaplane operations went into effect in April 2018:
- All federal navigable waterways are open for seaplane operations.
- Pilots are no longer required to have permits to land on State of Ohio approved landing sites.
- Only the lakes listed on this site are approved for seaplane operations.