This course from ODOT’s Office of Maintenance Operations is applicable to ODOT employees, APWA members and local public agency employees involved with roadside vegetation management. The use of pesticides to supplement traditional mowing and cutting programs will be discussed. Compliance with Ohio’s pesticide regulations for human and environmental safety will be emphasized.
Licensed applicators can earn 2 hours of credit in core (1 hr. each session), 2 hours of credit in category 5 Industrial Vegetation (1 hr. each session), ½ hour credit in category 8 Turf Pest and ½ hour of credit in category 4a Forestry from the Ohio Department of Agriculture. We have also received ISA credits for certain classes, session one will have 2.5 hours of credit and 1 hour for the second session. For more information about re-certification credits, please contact Jim Cook at (614) 644-6662.
- Ryan King – Ohio Dept. of Agriculture, ODA Update & Enforcement Review (Core)
- Stacy Songer – Corteva, Reading a Pesticide Label (Core)
- Kathy Smith – Ohio State University, Invasive Trees in Ohio (Cat. 4a)
- Bryan Rose – Forestry Application and Techniques (Cat. 5)
- Dr. Mimi Rose – Ohio State University (OSU), Pesticide Safety Practices (Core)
- Greg Ressler – Red River Specialties, Grass Growth Regulation & Weed Control (Cat. 5)
- David Gardner – Ohio State University, Managing Lawn Weeds Throughout the Year (Cat. 8)
This training is free of charge. Please register using the links below.
- Day 1: March 31, 2021 – 8:30am to 11:00am.
- Day 2: April 6, 2021 – 8:30am to 11:00am.