Welcome to the Office of Statewide Planning & Research
Comprehensive analyses of strategic corridors within the state through various corridor planning effortsodx-read-more about the article: Corridor Planning
PlanIt Ohio | ODOT Statewide Transportation Planning Newsletter
The newsletter highlights transportation planning initiatives and best practices throughout Ohio’s transportation planning community.odx-read-more about the article: PlanIt Ohio | ODOT Statewide Transportation Planning Newsletter
Statewide Planning & Research provides planning, research and forecast services to guide transportation decision-makers and advance an efficient and effective transportation system. Staff accomplish their mission by:
- Maintaining an existing inventory of all modes of transportation
- Identifying gaps in the existing transportation network
- Managing statewide and regional planning efforts
- Collaborating with other agencies and offices to ensure federal transportation funds are well spent
- Serving as liaisons between local municipalities, Municipal Planning Organizations (MPOs), Regional Transportation Planning Organizations (RTPOs) and other federal and state government agencies
Statewide Transportation Planning
The reports, products, services and findings of projects, initiatives and studies that incorporate and coordinate information across many interested groups.
Regional Transportation Planning
Statewide Planning's collaborative and coordinated processes with metropolitan and regional transportation partners.
Maritime & Freight
ODOT's Maritime & Freight programs integrate Ohio's river and rail freight traffic into the 21st century transportation system.
The ODOT Research Program provides decision-makers with information and tools.
Modeling & Forecasting
Working directly with MPOs and planning/design professionals in federal and state agencies, to produce traffic forecasts.