U.S. 30 Major Rehabilitation
About the Project
This project will reconstruct U.S. 30 between state Route 309 and Fifth Avenue in the city of Mansfield. In addition to pavement replacement along U.S. 30, the project also includes:
- Replacement of various bridges, construction of a median barrier, and shoulder widening along U.S. 30.
- Upgrade of ramp merge from the eastbound state Route 13/state Route 545 entrance ramp to east of Fifth Avenue.
- Resurfacing of Longview Avenue from state Route 13 (N. Main Street) to state Route 545 (Olivesburg Road).
- Construction of new eastbound state Route 13/state Route 545 entrance and exit ramps. The new ramps will be constructed between the existing ramps, which will be removed as part of the project.
- Resurface the westbound state Route 13 entrance and exit ramps, and replace pavement on the eastbound state Route 545 entrance and exit ramps. No changes will be made to the existing ramp geometry.
- Increase the vertical clearance under the state Route 545 and the Fifth Avenue bridges.
- Remove the bridge over a driveway off of Longview Avenue.
- Complete maintenance on the U.S. 30 bridge over state Route 13.
- Add corridor lighting and replace the right-of-way fencing.
Work will address deteriorating pavements and poor bridge conditions on U.S. 30, and it will improve outdated design features to reduce the number and severity of crashes on U.S. 30 and its interchanges. U.S. 30 was originally constructed beginning in 1956. The road was most recently repaved in 2010 with pavement repairs in 2017, but the concrete base underneath the asphalt has deteriorated and requires ongoing repairs. The original bridges remaining in this section are also nearing the end of their lifespan.
Construction is expected to begin in April 2020 and continue through spring 2023.
All outlined work is weather permitting.
U.S. Route 30 major rehabilitation – U.S. 30, from State Route 309 to just east of the 5th Avenue ramps, will have single lane closures for a major rehabilitation project. Traffic will always be maintained.
- Westbound traffic is currently in two lanes the entire length of the project.
- All ramps are currently open in both the eastbound and westbound directions, apart from the SR 545 to U.S. 30 westbound entrance ramp.
- One lane of eastbound traffic will be maintained from just west of SR 309 to SR 13, and two lanes of traffic eastbound form SR 13 to just east of 5th Avenue.
- Lane widths will be 11’ throughout the length of the project.
Estimated completion of entire project: May 2023
Live View of the Project
A new image is captured every few seconds through the above traffic camera. To view the most current image, please refresh this page. Alternatively, click the image to view the automatically refreshed version in OHGO.
View Project's Public Comments ()Icon
Public comments regarding our projects are always welcome!
This section is for frequently asked questions and project-related questions. You may notice that some projects require one or more formal comment period(s) with deadlines for comments to be considered during certain phase(s) of the project development process. Typically called the “public comment period," this is when ODOT asks the public for input before an important decision needs to be made, such as choosing a preferred alternative. You may notice these periods generally occur immediately following a public meeting.
All comments received, regardless of when or how they are submitted, will be reviewed and considered and/or responded to by the ODOT project team. Comments received through this forum will, when appropriate, be publicly posted along with ODOT’s response; Such comments will be moderated to remove personal information prior to posting.
Please let us know if you have questions, and thank you for your interest and input on the project!
Filter by Area of Interest
You can filter this list filtering with the topics on the list below.