I-75 resurfacing and reconstruction
About the project
The project will resurface Interstate 75 between Napoleon Road and state Route 235 in Allen and Hancock counties. The project will reconstruct Interstate 75 at State Route 696 at the village of Beaverdam, repair the Township Road 33 overpass north of the village of Bluffton, replace the pavement from Napoleon Road through the interchange including ramps, realign Interstate 75 under the state Route 696 overpass, replace the culvert for May Ditch, and replace traffic signals at ramp intersections on State Route 696. Expected completion is in summer 2021.
The project will realign the ramp from State Route 696 to Interstate 75 southbound to meet current standards and improve sight distance, improve drainage under the State Route 696 overpass, improve banking on the curve of Interstate 75 between Napoleon Road and State Route 696, and install median cable barrier between Township Road 33 and State Route 235.
Shelly Company, Findlay, serves as the general contractor.
Notable accomplishments in 2020
• Reconstruct and realign the southern portion of the project area at the State Route 696 interchange at the village of Beaverdam.
• Pave the northern portion of the project from just north of the State Route 696 interchange to State Route 235.
• Replace the culvert for May Ditch just north of State Route 696.
• Complete bridge repairs over Township Road 33 and the railroad just north of the village of Bluffton.
• Install new signals at State Route 696 interchange ramps.
• Install cable barrier in the median between Township Road 33 and State Route 235.
Work to continue in 2021 to complete the project
The remaining work is now occurring at the interchange at State Route 696 with Interstate 75.
• Remove temporary pavement and pave the final courses of asphalt.
• Install no-mow strip for cable rail and install the cable rail.
• Paint pavement markings and install signage.
Lane closures on Interstate 75 will occur in both directions from Napoleon Road through the State Route 696 interchange.
• Mon-Tue from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Wed-Fri from 3 a.m. to noon.
June 23, 2020 - Work on base of I-75 southbound, grading and mixing in lime.
August 19, 2020 - Replacing culvert under northbound lanes and deceleration lane, just before SR 696 exit.
October 2, 2020 - Paving of the intermediate course and pouring concrete for catch basins on northbound lanes at State Route 696 at Beaverdam.
View Project's Public Comments ()Icon
Public comments regarding our projects are always welcome!
This section is for frequently asked questions and project-related questions. You may notice that some projects require one or more formal comment period(s) with deadlines for comments to be considered during certain phase(s) of the project development process. Typically called the “public comment period," this is when ODOT asks the public for input before an important decision needs to be made, such as choosing a preferred alternative. You may notice these periods generally occur immediately following a public meeting.
All comments received, regardless of when or how they are submitted, will be reviewed and considered and/or responded to by the ODOT project team. Comments received through this forum will, when appropriate, be publicly posted along with ODOT’s response; Such comments will be moderated to remove personal information prior to posting.
Please let us know if you have questions, and thank you for your interest and input on the project!
Filter by Area of Interest
You can filter this list filtering with the topics on the list below.