TO: The Contracting Community; District Deputy Directors; District Capital Program Administrators; District Construction Engineers
FROM: Dave Slatzer, P.E., Deputy Director, Division of Construction Management
SUBJECT: Statement to Construction Industry Partners Regarding E-Ticketing - COVID 19 Response
DATE: April 3, 2020
As part of the Ohio Department of Transportation’s (ODOT) ongoing response to the COVID -19 pandemic, in order to eliminate the contact required with paper tickets delivered on our project sites, effective immediately, ODOT is encouraging the electronic delivery of all weight tickets for material deliveries that require the weight of the material be reported and used for payment, validation, or testing. This includes, but is not limited to, aggregate, asphalt, and concrete deliveries.
In order to provide the maximum amount of flexibility to both the industry and ODOT staff, there will be several options available to deliver electronic tickets. This process is described as follows:
- ODOT and the Contractor will agree on the preferred method of electronic delivery at the project level. This may include an electronic scan, photograph, or initial PDF creation (directly from ticketing software) for transmittal to the Project.
- The Engineer will provide all project contact information for electronic delivery.
- ODOT and the Contractor will provide a single point of contact per project, per supplier.
- The Contractor will be responsible for ensuring an electronic ticket is transmitted in real time to the Engineer or designee, as deliveries are sent to the project.
- The Contractor will be responsible for providing a summary of delivered tickets and submitting daily.
- The Contractor will be responsible for retaining a hard copy of all electronic tickets to be produced upon the request of ODOT.
Include all required information on the electronic tickets per the most recent versions of CMS, Supplemental Specifications, Supplements, or Proposal Notes, as well as the truck number and cumulative weight delivered. These include, but are not limited to:
- Aggregate – S1069.10
- Asphalt – S1101
- Concrete - Table 499.07-1
At the discretion of the DCE, as needed due to internet connectivity, the process may be amended and allow delivery tickets to be summarized and submitted daily.
In lieu of the process described above, the Contractor may utilize other electronic/digital ticketing systems previously approved by ODOT.