Scenario 1 – Claiming an Account within OHPS
This scenario details the steps needed for a carrier or Permit Service to claim an account in OHPS.
1. Click the Claim Your Account link on the Login Page
2. The Claim OHPS Account screen will be displayed.
3. The fields for 1st Permit Number and 2nd Permit Number will be displayed.
- Enter the 1st Permit Number and 2nd Permit Number issued to your company in the last year.
Note: Contact the ODOT Permit Office if any of this information is unavailable.
- Click the Validate Numbers button to claim your company account. Click the Clear button to clear the populated results and return to the dropdown list or click the Cancel button to return to the Login Page.
The Company Information associated to both Permit Numbers will be displayed.
4. Click the Claim Account button to claim your account.
The Create New Company Profile – Company Information screen will be displayed.
- Complete any missing information and all required fields.
- If the user claiming the account has an existing OH|ID User Account, skip to Step 9 in this scenario.
- If the user does NOT have an existing OH|ID User Account, proceed to Step 5.
5. Creating an OH|ID User Account
- Click the Click here (or here) to create an OH|ID User Account.
The Create Your OH|ID Account: Profile Information screen will be displayed.
- Complete all known information and all required fields.
Note: Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
- Select the I Agree checkbox to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click the Next button to proceed to the next screen.
The Create Your OH|ID Account: Security Setup screen will be displayed.
6. Create Your OH|ID Account: Security Setup
- Enter a Username in the Username field.
- Enter a Password in the Password and Confirm New Password fields.
- Select a Password Recovery Method of Email, Mobile Number, and/or Security Questions and enter the corresponding information.
Note: Multiple Password Recovery Methods can be selected.
- Click the Create Account button.
The Create Your OH|ID Account: Confirmation screen will be displayed.
7. Create Your OH|ID Account: Confirmation screen
- Close the Create Your OH|ID Account: Confirmation window.
8. The Create New Insurance Company Profile – Company Information screen will be displayed.
9. Enter the user’s OH|ID username in the OH|ID field.
- Click the Submit button.
The Login Page will be displayed.
The company account has been claimed and the Administrative User can now log in to OHPS.Note: For more information on logging in to OHPS, refer to the Customer Interface Training Packet.